New NE Armor Arrived Yesterday!

I would have opened it yesterday but I was traveling for work and was too exhausted to open the box....

IMG_3297_zps4fc83984.jpg

IMG_3302_zps42f9cb2b.jpg

IMG_3306_zpsce10ed19.jpg

IMG_3288_zps6ab1a590.jpg

file_zps9798d580.jpg

A few general impressions right off the bat (this is my first armor kit, so here's an unbiased look at the armor as I have no frame of reference)

• It looks very roomy. I am a big guy. I'm 5'10", 235 and I was foreseeing problems with a wide chest and back along with the ab plate. I was able to hold up the pieces and it seems like I have plenty of room.
  • Big-ups to the creator of the kit. It's fairly well trimmed right out of the box. I can really see this just needing to be "cleaned up" a bit. I don't see massive amounts of shaving and trimming on the horizon (then again, it might be because I might be needed every inch of white).
  • The face and helmet are EXTREMELY sharp and detailed. The eye holes are pre-cut and the lenses are pre-cut (no "strip" of green film - nice touch).
  • I was toying with making this an Incinerator build, but dammit... it's just too pretty to muck up with paint. I might just keep it as a standard TK ANH.

I'd start doing some stuff, but the baby's asleep. The wife told me it's a light weekend as far as activities goes.......... ;)

Edited by TampaBayTK

One note:

The raised ridge in the ABS across the brow of the faceplate is a "Cementing Ridge" to glue the front of the dome to. This leaves a gap that will allow the builder to add the accurate brow trim (included) after careful cementing, and will also allow them to change it out and replace it if necessary at a later date.

Measure a lot and cut in very small increments. You can always take more off or sand a little - you can't put it back on!

The helmet is designed to require trimming along the front/back join seam and the comm covers to get a custom fit and look - based on the look the builder wants. Some like gaps, some like it nice and neatly joined.

For the forearms, generally people "test fit" with masking tape, aligning the elbow end, and trimming at the wrist end (making sure to retain the waffled detail along the arm's edge, but this group won't steer you wrong - they are a GREAT resource.

Woot!!

I'm on the Run #2 list. After 2 1/2 years in my current kit, I'm due for an upgrade. I still need to get an up close look, but this looks like it'll definitely be my next kit. Glad to see the accurate details (look at the ab plate!!) and to hear that it looks like it'll have plenty of room for us bigger guys. :D

Woot!!

I'm on the Run #2 list. After 2 1/2 years in my current kit, I'm due for an upgrade. I still need to get an up close look, but this looks like it'll definitely be my next kit. Glad to see the accurate details (look at the ab plate!!) and to hear that it looks like it'll have plenty of room for us bigger guys. :D

If you have some time, you can come by my cesspool, er house and see mine Brian. Plus, I am hoping you'll be at the armor party later this month...

Ah, ok. So its a fan sculpt. Cool.

....wellll, that's still not been 100% cleared up yet mate.Al comments and observations regarding the incredible similarties to the RS Props suit have been ignored and little clarification from the makers as been forthcoming.....which is a shame. :(

Adam, best of luck with the build matey. Take it nice 'n' slow and before you know it you'll be out there trooping with the rest of us :)

I must be out the loop. What is NE armor?

I thought I was the only one wondering that...lol....

Good luck with your build, Adam! I love the excited big brown box pics!

I saw your thread pop up on the FLG board too, so let us know if you need any help! :D

....wellll, that's still not been 100% cleared up yet mate.Al comments and observations regarding the incredible similarties to the RS Props suit have been ignored and little clarification from the makers as been forthcoming.....which is a shame. :(

Adam, best of luck with the build matey. Take it nice 'n' slow and before you know it you'll be out there trooping with the rest of us :)

Actually, the "similarities" come from being accurate based on screen used armor. Once you see the NE in person, any remaining suspicion will clear up pretty quickly. The scale of the NE vs RS is night and day. RS screen accurate in form and in size, while the NE is scaled up significantly. I am 6'0" 135lbs, and I would barely fit in to the RS if I was lucky. The NE is huge and will fit larger guys like me (and bigger!) or can be trimmed down for smaller troopers. One of my garrison mates is supposed to get his set of RS later this month, and we will take side-by-side pictures.

Actually, the "similarities" come from being accurate based on screen used armor. Once you see the NE in person, any remaining suspicion will clear up pretty quickly. The scale of the NE vs RS is night and day. RS screen accurate in form and in size, while the NE is scaled up significantly. I am 6'0" 135lbs, and I would barely fit in to the RS if I was lucky. The NE is huge and will fit larger guys like me (and bigger!) or can be trimmed down for smaller troopers. One of my garrison mates is supposed to get his set of RS later this month, and we will take side-by-side pictures.

You call yourself a larger guy loll

Edited by Tolo

Here are my forearms, masking taped together..... no glue.

4ea23e5b-6d0a-4b59-8db1-995697f1c271_zps56f1be0f.jpg

I've put the two halves together, but as you can see, there is a lot of extra meat on the backside.

BEA2E39D-BC2E-4417-AFE8-7485AE4BEB7C-12915-00000E36F745AFDC_zps2a9d505e.jpg

So... is my next move to just trim off that chunk and even it out? (Follow the red line)

3a89b562-41c5-463f-bacd-63e04a7f192f_zps40de1191.jpg

Woot!!

any 1 have a eta on run 2? as i to am waiting lol

I honestly believe that this is where the "fullbacks" and "linebackers" of the 501st are going to go for armor. If he would market it as such, he'd make a killing.

When I buy my armor, this review alone will help me make my decision. haha

"Nostalgic Empire" It's the newest line from Troopergear and Tupperware TK, the maker of AM.

Any more information on this? I did a lot of searches on the forum and on Google and I couldn't find any threads pertaining to pricing or contact info.

Edited by FrankRizzo24