Merr-Sonn Power 5 Build - For Stormtrooper Commanders

Just been putting this together for an Imperial Officer costume thought I would share it with you up and coming Stormtrooper Commanders

Thought I would start on my Merr-Sonn 5 build, shouldn't take long if my other blasters are anything to go by. Started stripping down my cheap nasty plastic DL-44.

mer1.jpg

mer2.jpg

Now to cut off what I no longer need

mer3.jpg

Making some cooling fins

mer4.jpg

Filling in some of the openings

mer5.jpg

And now for some fine details

mer6.jpg

A few more details and then some bondo and sanding

mer7.jpg

now in primer, bit too windy to keep the pieces outside so I will just have to put up with the smell of paint yet again LOL

mer8.jpg

Silver base is on

mer9.jpg

Adding a hi-bright led to the gun just like in other blaster projects I have done

mer10.jpg

Got the black coat on, I may coat the grips with some brown then go over agian with another coat of black in case I decide to weather it later

mer11.jpg

Paint is dry just putting the electronics in and making a mount for the hi-bright led

mer13.jpg

Testing the light and sound, these hi-brights are pretty powerful

mer14.jpg

Had al look online for pictures of the sight, think this is close, I used an old car temp sender and a pvc pipe connector, also some curly wire from an old telephone. Just have to make a mount and give it a paint.

mer15.jpg

Dang, that's a whole tutorial right there! I need to do the same (though as officer I don't need a weapon pwahaha).

Mind if I share it?

What did you use for the cooling fins?

Mind if I share it?

What did you use for the cooling fins?

Not at all you are welcome to share it.

Cooling fins where just reticulation threaded connectors just cut off the threaded part then cut in half then pieced together;)

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks guys

Sight and curly wire glued on, next just a few coats of satin clear to protect the paint from scratches.

mer16-1.jpg

mer17-1.jpg

The LED comes from one of these Life Gear glow sticks (couldn't find a photo of a red one lol) here is their website

glowstick_3_skyblue.jpg

The electronics are part of the blaster which are quite low but once you open up the end of the muzzel the sound level increases. I usually use electronics from cheap battery operated toy guns, can pick them up from $5 upwards.

So waiting for some paint to dry started on my holster.

First make the template

hol1.jpg

Glue some vinyl back to back so no backing is shown, then cut to size

hol2.jpg

Try blaster for fit, will check fit again after stitching the side can trim more if needed

hol3.jpg

Just have to sew the sides, add some rivets, snaps and the hooks

finaly got around to finishing my holster, that's what happens when you try to do too many projects at once lol

hol4.jpg

When I can get my hands on some leather I will try make a more molded looking holster.

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 3 weeks later...