NE armor build thread

Hi Redforce, i am waiting for my NE armor to arrive hopefully next week! I will be using your post as reference that's for sure, its a very nice build and very inspiring as this will be my first try at this kind of project! I was wondering if you could list what was not included in the box, so i can start gathering everything i need to do the build! If you want to you can also add the tools you used that would be useful as well. ;)

Thanks Martin.

Edited by Rawgee

OK. Here you go.....this is what I used and bought for the build of/for the body armor (I did not build/use an NE helmet)

Things you need to complete build (stuff that doesn't come with kit)

canvas belt

holster

under-suit

thigh garter

gloves

neck seal

blaster

boots

Paint for AB buttons

Materials I used that didn't come with kit

dritz heavy duty snaps

black elastic (for inner snap system)

white elastic (for chest-back plate connection and shin rear connection)

bra hooks/eye loops (rear shin connection)

Black webbing (I cut into pieces for snap plates/connection on inside of armor)

These are the tools I used

curved scissors (trim armor)

precision knives/cutters (trim armor - cut finishing strips)

sand paper (smooth out armor after trim)

E6000 - (A MUST OVER ANY GLUE) - don't use the ABS paste that comes with kit

Metric ruler (measure finishing strips and ammo belts cuts)

painters tape (tape armor pieces together to eye up during trimming and to try on before gluing during build)

earth magnets (needed for gluing armor pieces that go deep mid wise (spots a clamp won't reach)

clamps (needed for gluing)

soldering iron 

leather hole puncher

Dritz snap pliers

needle nose pliers

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Red, i'm pretty sure this will help others as well! I'll probably go shopping today because from what I see on the tracking USPS site, my package won't take years to arrive! Thanks again!

Edited by Rawgee

• 1 month later...

If you are very skinny, thighs and biceps might be the biggest challenge, I suggest buying another helmet though... The one that come with this kit is in 3 pieces, the ears are a big problem as well... Check out my build http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25853-big-brown-box-has-arrived/ I am 5'10" 180 pds... Just keep in mind it is a big kit that will need a lot of fitting... Other than that I highly recommend it, it's nice and very glossy and cheap...

Good luck

If you are very skinny, thighs and biceps might be the biggest challenge, I suggest buying another helmet though... The one that come with this kit is in 3 pieces, the ears are a big problem as well... Check out my build http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25853-big-brown-box-has-arrived/ I am 5'10" 180 pds... Just keep in mind it is a big kit that will need a lot of fitting... Other than that I highly recommend it, it's nice and very glossy and cheap...

Good luck

Thanks Rawgee - great build thread. I'll definitely refer to that often once mine arrives. And yeah, I ended up going with an ATA helmet. Hopefully will dive into starting to cut this weekend.