NE armor build thread

Its all good. Its my first time .......so.....looks like I'm learning the hard way lol. There are plenty more parts for me to work on (or in my case...screw up)....until I get new innies...

I hope your building a measuring the armour to fit you?

Those forearms seem to have all of the NE bigger trooper excess plastic on at the seam joins.

The shape of the forearms are looking very square and very out of shape.

What width cover strip are you planning to use on your biceps and forearms?

I ask now at the early stage for you to consider this, otherwise they are going to end up looking awful.

I hope your building a measuring the armour to fit you?

Those forearms seem to have all of the NE bigger trooper excess plastic on at the seam joins.

The shape of the forearms are looking very square and very out of shape.

What width cover strip are you planning to use on your biceps and forearms?

I ask now at the early stage for you to consider this, otherwise they are going to end up looking awful.

O no.. I just taped them together to line up and cut off the access on top/bottom(wrist/elbow joint) areas. I still had to fit them to my forearm and then slice down each side.I was going to use 5/8 width cover strip....

The part you cut off you need, you should of lined up the back edges and cut off the excess at the wrist end. Should be an easy fix,

of course you will have to contact the armor maker for new inner pieces.

I haven't cut anything to my size yet. I have small forearms. Where you see the spots labeled A,B with the little hash is an approximate spot where I would have to cut off for my forearms to fit myself using 5/8 wide cover strips. Now....that means the section (back edges) that I wasn't supposed cut down on the back of the inner forearm would actually have gotten cut off anyway as I cut down for my sizing....can my inner forearms be saved since I didn't cut for my sizing yet? Do I make sense?...also....the inner curves on the inner forearms have the return edges cut off and have to be sanded and smoothed.....that's why they look the way they do right now...

20130310_223144_zpsb318f96f.jpg

Edited by Redforce

I was hoping there would be some more feedback on my gigantic mistake. I'd like to think that shaping can fix this since I didn't trim anything down to my size yet. I already contacted vender about new innies...I have a real busy schedule this week. Will move on to another area of build as soon as I free up....

20130311_222202_zps5c1671e1.jpg

Was at my first troop and been on a high for the last few days so I missed your post, there is only so much you can trim to your size, as long as you leave the step for the cover strip to go over then you are good, even if that means you need to put a little padding into the peices, hope that makes sense. I have small arms so I needed some padding, didn't want to go too small with the cover strips.

The raised areas on the front of the armour are trimmed to half the width of your coverstrips so that when joined the strip neatly sits on top without any of the raised sections on either side. The back of the armour that doesn't have this raised section you trim to whatever size you need. All size adjustments are in other words done on the back of your limbs.

ok. that all makes sense. Measure for cover strip on the front. My question is...Did I F up the inner forarms so bad (in response to TK-4516's comments) that I need new ones and can not use these??

From the photo's I think you will be fine, but try the cover strips on, just with tape and try post another photo just to make sure

ok. that all makes sense. Measure for cover strip on the front. My question is...Did I F up the inner forarms so bad (in response to TK-4516's comments) that I need new ones and can not use these??

They look like they can be saved mate, just cut a new arc at the top similar to what you had :)

RedforceNEBuild01_zps6145291e.jpg

Hope that helps :salute:

Ok.....here is the trimming mapout...(left foreram) and yes...I still need to slice in the curve in the inside piece

Top view (back end is to the left)

20130313_193115_zps67590eb1.jpg

20130313_193110_zps7bf8d29b.jpg

20130313_193126_zpsedffc550.jpg

20130313_193220_zpsb9323f7c.jpg

Upside down (bottom)

20130313_193153_zps42ef182b.jpg

20130313_193304_zps0731c99a.jpg

If you have a Dremel and the sanding head, you can even out where the cover strip meets the armor. I'm OCD like that and I need a smooth edge.

Right on Adam.....I do have....not sure if I'm gonna make everything perfect and tight like that. I'm going to get all of my pieces/parts together first and then decide on how much cleanup I'll do...