NE armor build thread

Ok. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago for my build. Thanks for the warm responses on it. I'm starting a new thread. I wanted to start a new one to include the name of the armor in the title. The kit is here. I will be building a (ANH stunt) Here are some photos....

20130306_130000_zps8a0af94d.jpg

20130306_130031_zps3034e530.jpg

20130306_130447_zpsc6ce6cfa.jpg

20130306_125905_zpsbc579a87.jpg20130306_124118_zpse900c022.jpg20130306_125851_zpsb5d1add2.jpg20130306_125841_zpsd2f7ae49.jpg20130306_125834_zpse760c3a6.jpg

Shinny white and crispy clean, I remember unpacking by brown box of goodness. Just remember the old saying measure twice and cut once. Have fun and enjoy the journey, good luck with the build :duim:

Haha..I have multiple holsters! What I need is the best thread to follow to start the build. Can someone post the link here for me (:

This should set you on the right path. http://www.whitearmo...nh-stunt-build/

I do have a question. I skimmed the forum just now and couldn't find anything. 1 of the inner biceps have the thumb-like print indentation and the other does not. Which one is left and which one would be the right?

One note:

The raised ridge in the ABS across the brow of the faceplate is a "Cementing Ridge" to glue the front of the dome to. This leaves a gap that will allow the builder to add the accurate brow trim (included) after careful cementing, and will also allow them to change it out and replace it if necessary at a later date.

Measure a lot and cut in very small increments. You can always take more off or sand a little - you can't put it back on!

The helmet is designed to require trimming along the front/back join seam and the comm covers to get a custom fit and look - based on the look the builder wants. Some like gaps, some like it nice and neatly joined.

One note:

The raised ridge in the ABS across the brow of the faceplate is a "Cementing Ridge" to glue the front of the dome to. This leaves a gap that will allow the builder to add the accurate brow trim (included) after careful cementing, and will also allow them to change it out and replace it if necessary at a later date.

Measure a lot and cut in very small increments. You can always take more off or sand a little - you can't put it back on!

The helmet is designed to require trimming along the front/back join seam and the comm covers to get a custom fit and look - based on the look the builder wants. Some like gaps, some like it nice and neatly joined.

thanks!

which outer bicep is left/right??....in the photo...the one on the left has a flat edge on one side(almost makes it easier to lay finishing strip on - even after trimming). The one on the right does not have a flat spot. Which would be left or right? I can make either work if I had to to. I'm just not sure if there is a correct/incorrect side for each....

20130309_095625_zpseae2e205.jpg

Use the one that fits the best. Since the left and right parts are unique, they should go together the best with only it's matching partner.

Day 1

Got rid of return edges on forearms and cut finishing strips for them......finishing strips are 5/8 wide...photo is on weird angle..makes the strips look like they are more wide on one end than the other....but they are not.......they are 5/8 from top to bottom......next up.......size up and trim forearms

20130309_155912_zps4f0b6306.jpg

The part you cut off you need, you should of lined up the back edges and cut off the excess at the wrist end. Should be an easy fix,

of course you will have to contact the armor maker for new inner pieces.