MxPxRobbie's NE armor build thread!

Hey guys and gals, just got my big box in the mail from TupperwareTK... here's the teaser pics:

382261_10100283655261582_591740755_n.jpg

72629_10100283655286532_314372582_n.jpg

I didn't get the helmet as I already have an ATA bucket completed - but I am hoping to get this going over the weekend if I can. Gonna document EVERYTHING and take tons of pics to try and help out future builders of this set.

EXCITED!!!

So exciting opening that big brown box, remember the great motto, measure twice cut one, enjoy the journey and good luck with the build :duim:

• 1 month later...

You should lower your biceps until they are touching the top of the forearms when you have your arms straight down. And wear the ab belt slightly higher.

You'll also benefit from strapping the back and kidney together instead of the back and chest. It looks like you have followed old FX strapping instructions rather than the new and better ways we promote here.

Biceps are lower now, this was a test fitting.

How do you know what strapping methods I used? I followed direction from a friend who has used this method on many suits, from tmc, ap, etc. It's not the screen accurate strapping, but a similar system.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the chest to back strapping is typical of FX suits and not very good for keeping your suit together compared to a back and kidney connection. It will also help to keep the gap between the two pieces smaller.

There's either a gap in the front or the back. I can maybe slide the chest back a little, but the chest overlapping the ab is more important than the back, imo

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There's either a gap in the front or the back. I can maybe slide the chest back a little, but the chest overlapping the ab is more important than the back, imo Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is true. But you still want minimal gap in the back. You might be able to lift the ab and crotch a little higher to bring up the whole front torso.

OK, I'm at work now so I can answer more easily than on my phone...

Strapping is done very similarly to the screen-used way - points connected are similar. It's clamshell style. I use a garter system to keep the thighs up. The only thing left from the old way of building is the use of a suspender-like system. That's just personal preference for me, as it is comfortable to me. My clone is assembled in a similar fashion.

I have a crazy long torso though.  I may be able to get the kidney/butt higher (I had my fiancee dress me, and she wasn't sure where everything went).  Also with a little adjustment I can probably get the kidney/back to get closer together. The belt is attached to the ab plate, but that was mainly a temporary thing due to the event I needed to troop today. Another way I could get the ab/kidney higher would be if I cut the crotch off under the belt and reattached it with the gap hidden underneath the belt. 

Ultimately my goal is to go EIB and then Centurion with this build - I am just waiting on the split rivets, handguards, etc.  Since you're here though, I do have a question - is a blaster required for Centurion?

You should consider abandoning the suspender system and let everything rest on the shoulder elastics. Especially if you want to go above basic it will help making you "look the part". It is really comfortable once you have it setup to your size.

Blaster is required even for EIB.

You should consider abandoning the suspender system and let everything rest on the shoulder elastics. Especially if you want to go above basic it will help making you "look the part". It is really comfortable once you have it setup to your size.

Blaster is required even for EIB.

Everything is resting on the shoulder elastics. The only thing connected to the suspenders is the ab/kidney to keep it at the right level. Arms are solely connected to the chest/back.

I'm having a hard time getting the shoulder bridges to stay under the thin elastic in the back, though.

If you connect the chest to the ab, and the back to the kidney you won't need suspenders at all.

Don't worry too much about the little elastic around the shoulder bridge. It's like that to most of us.

If you connect the chest to the ab, and the back to the kidney you won't need suspenders at all.

Don't worry too much about the little elastic around the shoulder bridge. It's like that to most of us.

OK, I'll try that after tonight. Thanks for the tip!