Any suggestions for a rear scope cap for a Hasbro E-11 conversion?

The rear cap needs to be removed so I can access and modify the trigger.

If I remove the cap, it'll be destroyed and I'll need a replacement.

Has anyone found a surefire replacement for the rear scope cover?

Large bottle cap? Modified medicine measuring cup? Cap to a pill bottle? Anything?

y1N65WOl.jpg

Inner plastic ring of a Scotch Tape roll. Example from y build below:

etn9iZs.jpg

hTunaeH.jpg

I then took the lens of a mi magnifying glass and dremel to fit.

19hWkP8.jpg

If you can see in my photos the location of the slot under the original cap...start there and go under and around. Most of mine was glued at the top.

Interesting product I have never seen that over here in Aus. What I have used in the past is spray varnish to lock in printed pieces I have made for other projects also I have tried clear fibreglass resin which also works. I have taken two caps off in the past and both where only held on by a small amount of glue so you should be find. Good luck can't wait to see the finished product :duim:

Heres what I have so far. It fits perfectly on the rear scope.

I'm waiting for my extra Trooperbay decals to arrive before I apply the resin, just want to see if I like their decals better.

LqlVQgDl.jpg

Also here is the rear cap I removed. It looks like they saved all the glue for my blaster:

tO2SHT5l.jpg

After dremeling, sawing, and sanding:

UmNLpoGl.jpg

i took to hasbro blasters apart. the first one the scope cape came of no bother as it just had a couple of small drops of glue put on the keep it held in place.

the other one i think the hole bottle of glue was put on as it refused to come off. i couldn't get the edges to open up any were. i had to end up cutting it in places and ripping it off.

i guess non 2 are glued the same.

I got the decals from TrooperBay and I'm not very happy with them. They are small and are not crisply printed, very grainy.

Here is the comparison between TrooperBay (left) and Doopydoos (right):

KfgcM43l.jpg

BUT with that being said, I used the Doopydoos decal and covered it with the resin i posted above. I'm really happy with the results:

PSL8fh1l.jpg

bxB8hmal.jpg

It has a lot of tiny bubbles but when you aren't holding it under a light, they are barely noticeable, plus it happened because it has a 1 year shelf life....and I've had it sitting around for 2+ years. Oops. Also I'm very glad the black paint didn't bleed and the resin didn't leak out of the bottom. Those were my biggest worries.

I'll post more when the weather gets better and I can paint my blaster and attach the rear scope cap.