AP ab buttons

i am trying to finish trimming everything out and i noticed that the button panel is a little bigger than the indention i am suppose to fit it in.

can anyone please post a close up pic of theirs?

Thanks

Thomas

Me too. Its a strange assembly. It does not really fit the way you would think. I was really surprised at how much plastic you are suppose trim off of it. Curtis has some good pics of this piece.

Well,!!!!! I did the same thing. I should have read this first. I so neatly cut the panel out to insert it, and bang. Read your thread and crap. Ruined my buttons.... Well emailed AP to get another set I hope.

Well chalk one up..

Look at that thread posted above, I just corrected a link to my AP buttons:

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Spare parts, spare parts, does anyone have any??? haha

I did mess up my ab buttons and AP doesnt have anymore until his next run on material.

Does anyone have a spare AP set of ab buttons the big set on the plate in the center???

I was hoping maybe someone who was doing a Sandtrooper and didnt need any. I am hoping I can ask this... Sort of like "Luke your my only hope"

Spare parts, spare parts, does anyone have any??? haha

I did mess up my ab buttons and AP doesnt have anymore until his next run on material.

Does anyone have a spare AP set of ab buttons the big set on the plate in the center???

I was hoping maybe someone who was doing a Sandtrooper and didnt need any. I am hoping I can ask this... Sort of like "Luke your my only hope"

when is his next run? By the way does he sell spare parts i never could get an answer? there is this link in the email (that he sent you talking about his armor and prices) showing what a sandie looks like..... name's ross email him. plus you might want to try MEPD thats where i would go.

when is his next run? By the way does he sell spare parts i never could get an answer? there is this link in the email (that he sent you talking about his armor and prices) showing what a sandie looks like..... name's ross email him. plus you might want to try MEPD thats where i would go.

Hey as for his next run I dont know. He still has complete kits available though. As for spare parts, your right, I never got a complete answer from him so I dont know. As for MEPD, I have been there to, no luck yet, but everyone is great here and there so I think someone will come along. I am praying at least.

I messed up my first one too. The problem here really is the lousy instructions that come with the kit. I wouldnt use half that instruction manual to put together that armor. Rip out the velcro section entirely.

Mike, I have definately figured that out the hard way. I wish the armor build that TK4261 Curtis did was available as just a tutorial. I have found it very informative but very hard to go through all the stuff just to use it.

If curtis is out there, let me know if you have this done where you can lend me your knowledge, in this form in a little shorter version.

• 1 year later...
Mike, I have definately figured that out the hard way. I wish the armor build that TK4261 Curtis did was available as just a tutorial. I have found it very informative but very hard to go through all the stuff just to use it.

If curtis is out there, let me know if you have this done where you can lend me your knowledge, in this form in a little shorter version.

I bought an AP kit awhile back and it did not come with the buttons.

I have the plates themselves but not the coloured buttons.

Was it supposed to come with AB plate buttons?

I used Curtis’s tutorial as well, it was very helpful. I bookmarked the thigh section and search around from there but if it was put all in one place that would rock

I bought an AP kit awhile back and it did not come with the buttons.

I have the plates themselves but not the coloured buttons.

Was it supposed to come with AB plate buttons?

I used Curtis’s tutorial as well, it was very helpful. I bookmarked the thigh section and search around from there but if it was put all in one place that would rock

No, it doesn't need the buttons. The buttons are formed on the plate (you would have to paint them). But, most everyone buys VaderDaves ab buttons to install for a much better look.

On AP you just paint them. Do NOT try to install Vader Dave's buttons on AP. They do not fit and are not made for AP. THe fx buttons are completely different from the way AP buttons are made. AP buttons are part of the large plastic piece. You cannot remove them. Simply paint the buttons, that's it, your done. THat said its not an easy paint job cause you they are round and its hard to mask them off. Use Humbro paints and a brush. Humbro paint spreads better on ABS than Testor.

FYI the buttons show in Bigturcs post are hand painted. Those are not add on buttons from Vader Dave.

On AP you just paint them. Do NOT try to install Vader Dave's buttons on AP. They do not fit and are not made for AP. THe fx buttons are completely different from the way AP buttons are made. AP buttons are part of the large plastic piece. You cannot remove them. Simply paint the buttons, that's it, your done. THat said its not an easy paint job cause you they are round and its hard to mask them off. Use Humbro paints and a brush. Humbro paint spreads better on ABS than Testor.

FYI the buttons show in Bigturcs post are hand painted. Those are not add on buttons from Vader Dave.

Hmm, worked on mine. I guess it's all up to how you're going about your build. I wanted to be able to take mine off and on when they need repainting. It's called a mod. And as far as not fitting AP...AP doesn't fit itself, as anyone who has put it together can attest! :lol: Really nice amor though once you beat it into submission...

• 3 weeks later...