Stunt ANH TK with grappling hook?

TK5144

Since the TK entering the falcon had the grappling hook box - can a TK be built in a stunt ANH fashion - but be built with the grappling hook box and comlink instead of the thermal detonator?

or is this arrangement considered only for hero TK?

Depending on your garrison, you could troop this way at informal events and people may not care. Still, it's a great excuse to get a second helmet, belt, etc. :)

Funny that that is the only grappling hook we ever really see. Maybe he had that in case he fell down the lift shaft in the docking bay, & had to climb back up. :)

Unless my memory is failing though - he also has a hero helmet & rig.

You're getting old Paul, your memory is failing. He wears a stunt helmet. ;)

gallery_12157_11_414978.jpg

Thanks Mathias. I guess I'm thinking of "the ships all yours", which does have the hero lid. Funny that this is the first time it's ever been brought up.

Goes to show there's something new every day :)

Personally I wouldn't care if someone trooped with a grappling hook + com with a stunt helmet. A little variety is nice. That being said, not all irregularities should be emulated while trooping. :)

The weird thing is he goes into the falcon with a stunt lid and comes out with a hero lid. The only stromtrooper in the legion with a grappling hook, maybe he is a prototype spelunking stormtrooper

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

maybe he is a prototype spelunking stormtrooper

LOL. Yeah, and thats why he had the comlink (in addition to his helmet com) so he had broader range when he went really deep down. :)

On 3/2/2013 at 4:42 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

The weird thing is he goes into the falcon with a stunt lid and comes out with a hero lid. The only stromtrooper in the legion with a grappling hook, maybe he is a prototype spelunking stormtrooper

-----------

isn't that still a stunt helmet?

brow looks too high for Hero helmet

Edited by gmrhodes13

All I know for sure is Luke on the left has the grappling hook, he is also the TK who pretends his com's are faulty outside the falcon. Hear is a nice photo of both Luke and Han

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Maybe he's the official sith carcass retrieval trooper, you know in case the emperor were to have somehow fallen into a shaft some years later. I hear they started having those after sith kept falling into shafts. (how else was maul to be rebuilt lol)

Maybe he's the official sith carcass retrieval trooper, you know in case the emperor were to have somehow fallen into a shaft some years later. I hear they started having those after sith kept falling into shafts. (how else was maul to be rebuilt lol)

:laugh1:

On 3/2/2013 at 4:42 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

------------

The belt looks too low and the chest looks too high to be luke, I know in the movie its supposed to be luke but is that really luke? Or the same tk

with the same stunt lid.

Edited by gmrhodes13

No that is not the same lid, in the picture below it is the tk on the left that has the grappling hook. you can see the comlink on the side.

gallery_12157_11_414978.jpg

The black trim on the lid is too far down to be the one above, also it could not have been a lid swap with the trooper on the right as neither has the smaller hero teeth. "Is it Luke", who knows could have been a stand in for that shot.

A little variety is nice. That being said, not all irregularities should be emulated while trooping. :)

I've tried quite a few of them in my time, and people only seem to notice after I point it out to them.

I've tried.. Upside down an buttons, no ab buttons, no holster, forearms on wrong arms, odd hand plates chest tucked in ab plate, upside down belt with flipped over belt boxes. The only thing I didn't try as it was painful was shins on wrong leg. Oh and I've never trooped with no tube stripes, but it's been on my list...

Yeah, it's a fact that people focus on the face of other people, so anything below that won't get noticed as much. But on the other hand there might very well have been plenty of folks that did notice but don't dare mention to avoid sounding stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear A New Hope stunt with a grapling hook only. No comlink. Think about it. Trooper with the grappling hook has a stunt helmet. Then he is asked about about not responding ("TK421...") and he hits his head, as in his bucket comm link has malfunctioned. Hmmm...makes me think a Stunt Trooper could have a grapling hook and no external comlink, since it is built into his helmet. Your thoughts?

Edited by TKROB

Problem was it was just for the story line, Luke needed to be able to talk to C3PO and also needed the grappling hook to swing across the abyss, when all is said and done no other trooper is seen with a grappling hook so it was just used for the hero Luker version only.

Edited by gmrhodes13

The belt looks too low and the chest looks too high to be luke, I know in the movie its supposed to be luke but is that really luke? Or the same tk

with the same stunt lid.

A continuity issue with blending this scene with the control room scene...two stunts go into the Falcon and two heroes come out. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my theory: The 2 troopers go in the Falcon at Han's request. After Han and Luke knock them out, they take their armor and put in on in a hurry. It is at that point that Luke's takes the hero lid.

To me, another continuity issue is where did they hid their "rebel clothes"? After putting on the armor in the Falcon, they change back to their rebel clothes before returning in the Falcon. I'm sure the rebel boots didn't fit in the TK boots :)