Amazing build, Bennett!  C3PO is one of the coolest costumes ever and it is awesome to see your build come together.

BTW, gazmosis, 3PO and R2 were actually in the custody of the Jawas when Luke bought them.  Doesn't that count towards 501st??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
After 3 years of gathering parts and assembling I finally got the chance to debut my 3PO costume. Unfortunately forgot to take submission pics when I was suited up, but here's some from the event:

NhYmofb.jpg

HDumoPg.jpg

oF1c8zM.jpg

RY6ETTo.jpg

fWmJBKi.jpg

There are some more photos at my page on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pages/KC-3PO/917322388313043?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement along the way!

• Like 4

WOW, you look sensational.

How long can you stay kitted up before you overheat, considering the tight fit of the head pieces?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one day I was able to attend I was on the floor completely suited up for about 1 hour 45 minutes with no breaks for my first appearance and then I went back out for about an hour later that day. Being my first time in the costume at an event I wasn't really sure what my body could take. In the future I think I could do up to 2 and a half to 3 hours for 1 day or do 2 separate shorter shifts. Overheating wasn't as big of an issue as some of the pain of the costume. I'm working on getting a larger set of arms since those are currently the tightest piece.

• Like 1

Awesome job! You looked good next to Cal's Speeder!

You have to figure out how do drive it while in costume!!

What did yo use for feet? Vac formed covers or rubber shoes?

Thank you all!

Aaron, the shoes are polyurethane I believe. Similar to Cal's rubber shoes but from a different maker. I might look into his shoes in the future since his have a bottom and these do not

• Like 1