CRL belt requirements ?

As a newbie, doing research for a new kit and just beginning to learn about different vendors, thinking about starting to buy some soft bits, etc...

This is an absolute nightmare. If you don't want the "how do I get approved" question every time someone registers for the forums then you need to be as accurate as possible in your CRL. If I start my build and follow the CRL perfectly, then I'm told to change it to be approved.. that will just cause confusion.

Also, Locitus has it right... if the military is handing out flak jackets to everyone, you get the same size as your friend next to you regardless of how tall you are.

But Star Wars is not the real military, and some variation is fine. I mean, we don't specify exactly how tall the shins should be either do we?

No, there is obviously some variation even in real world scenarios. When I was in the Navy, my uniform was not the same size my larger squad mates. That would have been silly. But the size of my backpack was, just like my field gear ammo vest. So were the rank insignia's, and so on. See my point?

Just picking a measurement and going with it without thinking about the rest of the armor is just plain silly.

Silly is a good word for it. Nit picking the size range of the canvas belt is somewhat the least our requirements problems right now. Dictating the exact width of the belt is also silly. As Tray points out not all plastic belts are screen derived and/or the same height. However, mentioning in the CRL that the canvas belt should also be smaller than the ammo belt would make sense to me.

We're months away from voting on CRL changes but please keep the width issue in the back of your minds. We can determine if its worth our time to bring to the LMOs then.

-Eric