New Solo Film Theory

ZagTrooper

So as many of you probably know by now, Harrison Ford said he would be reprising the role of Han Solo in Episode VII and that there would be a young Han Solo film to be made along with a Boba Fett film set in between ESB and ROTJ. Now having just finished reading Death Troopers for the first time I was decently impressed, and once I heard that Ford would be back I kinda thought, "huh, they should make a Death Troopers movie!". I mean it's a given that Star Wars and Zombies is a bit of an odd combination, but seeing how zombie films and TV *cough* walkingdead*cough* can be done so creepily well nowadays it almost seems like it could be a dead ringer (pun not intended lol). Plus Movie CG has improved alot since RotS even though it was only been 8 years and the storyline is pretty solid. They could cast a "Young" Solo, and have Harrison play an older Solo telling Leia at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War about how before he got involved with the rebels he and Chewbacca got out of going to Imperial Moon Jail because of some freak accident on their prison Barge and ending up on a zombie-infested Star Destroyer. However since it would be a "Solo-centric" film I would still wanna somehow see the original main characters from the book (Trig and Kale Longo, Dr. Zahara Cody) be significant characters, not just Solo's lackeys. That being said, one thing is absolutely nessecary if this film really got green-lighted; Since the Empire will obviously Antagonists in the film, and we know there's gonna Stormtroopers IT BETTER BE REAL ARMOR. the CGI Clones were cool and all and done very well, but I mean if there's gonna be TK's around its just gotta be guys in real tangible armor, that's how we remember them. Btw I would highly reccomend the book, read it, or listen to it off of youtube if you have to. But seriously, what do you guys think about the possibility of this being one of the next Star Wars Films?

No way will it be a Death troopers movie.

Ā 

Reason; money

Ā 

You ask 90% of star wars fans/ movie goers what a Death Trooper is and they will have no idea what your talking about. So a story centered around them would not put enough bums on seats.

Simple economics sadly.

Ā 

Now "If" they do a Fett movie ( I frakking hope so!!!) IMHO they again run the risk of a lot of non fans going "Who?" If it were me I would reintroduce him into the new trilogy, get him established and then

do the spin off.

Ā 

But that's just this ejit's thoughts on the matter.

solo and fett movies will center on the lifespan of the character... not a single story...

Ā 

my 2 cents.

Ā 

I'm with matt... there's just no way the story is strong enough for harrison to narrate his character with the introduction of his

younger self...

Ā 

I am sick to death of the common trend in entertainment

Ā 

1 cop show

2 medical cop show

3 retro remake cop show

4 zombie movies (in general)

5 fast zombie shows

6 vampire shows

7 vampire movies

8 gun violence (he's a badass)

Ā 

I am sick of all of the above forms of entertainment.

Ā 

no original storytelling?

Ā 

action movies and television just don't carry my attention. I don't have a short attention span

that requires explosions gunshots and fancy medical 3d graphics to keep my interest.

Ā 

I want more... I want real storytelling. backstory, and character development is what drama is about.

it's not about being so fast paced that your head spins.

Ā 

it has to be RICH... and powerful... all without being pretense.

Ā 

no wooden actors please!

Ā 

here's a pitch for you:

Ā 

zombie cop show where the zombie is a former cop and befrends a vampire cop

they work together to kill serial killers and put criminals behind bars.

Ā 

opening pilot : they capture a corrupt politician and put him behind bars.

Ā 

during a critical scene we have torture segments a la' SAW the politician

confesses.

Ā 

segments with the necromancer and satanic rituals to bring zombies to life.

Ā 

include a dog in the show with supernatural powers.

Ā 

ROTT and VLAD on CBS this fall !

Ā 

look for it!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

but seeing how zombie films and TV *cough* walkingdead*cough* can be done so creepily well nowadays

I know I am one of the few who might say this but.. really? I've seen a couple of episodes and.. no.. don't like it one bit, it looks too fake for my taste, it's laughable at best :(

Ā 

Ā 

I am sick to death of the common trend in entertainment

Ā 

1 cop show

2 medical cop show

3 retro remake cop show

4 zombie movies (in general)

5 fast zombie shows

6 vampire shows

7 vampire movies

8 gun violence (he's a badass)

Ā 

I am sick of all of the above forms of entertainment.

Oops. spoke too soon, guess I'm not the only one lol xD

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Either way, I certainly hope they don't do any zombie related because I guarantee you that they will see people walk away from the franchise.

Here's my prediction. Please note I no longer work at Disney and no they don't have any more info there than LFL would leak publically, haha!

Ā 

So it's just my best guess for EPISODE VII:

Ā 

It's 30 years ABY. Very little in the EU universe actually happened or will happen. Han Solo opens the movie. He's old, he's not so good at his action-oriented luck any more. He is on some stupid political mission, trouble ensues, he gets shot, dies. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HARRY ALWAYS WANTED. Chewie wasn't able to save him and will be a central character (cuz wookiees don't age like humans) exploring his (Chewie's) grief and redemption from failing his life-bond with Han. Chewie and R2, who were the masterminds behind the entire Rebellion for 20 years, have to find something new and interesting to do. Luke and Leia aren't even in the picture, and there were no marriages or stupid Jedi offspring. Maybe Luke and Leia are already dead.

Ā 

Honestly I do not want to see any of the old characters played by their original actors, unless they are plausibly aged (or fully CGI enhanced to look younger). I'm sorry, Carrie did not age well, and well, none of them did. Harry's going on 80 and while he's an awesome actor it's just going to be disappointing to see him on screen pretending to be the Han we know and love. But of course, they can't just sub in new actors without creating an alternate universe scenerio ala Star Trek and even with JJA it's not going to happen.

Ā 

Too bad River Phoenix killed himself - I loved him and he could pull off a younger Han... though probably not in his 40s. :D

Ā 

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

I think all the actors have aged... and in a film setting can look great! carrie still looks good to me?

harrison. and mark still look fine.

Ā 

even peter still looks great!

all valid points i guess, although I wonder though, IF and at this stage its still a pretty big what if, the original trio (han, luke, and leia) are in the new film together, should they pick up somewhere in the already established EU? (which could be proven interesting) or a new story arc that fits into the OT? I mean if its an EU story, great we got some Star Wars and depending on where they set it it could be pretty fantastic, I mean i remember reading the thrawn novels as a kid in elementary school and could never put the books down! However, if they come up with a new story arc I sure hope it will be a well thought out plot and be easily identifiable to being connected to the OT. Personally I've really enjoyed JJ Abrams work such as LOST, Fringe, even the new Star Trek Movie (feels wierd to be admitting that on the Imperial interwebs XD) and I feel he's proven himself to be worthy of the SW franchise. I will say though, I'm interested in seeing who will write the score for the film, John Williams or Michael Giacchino.

there's gonna Stormtroopers IT BETTER BE REAL ARMOR. the CGI Clones were cool and all and done very well, but I mean if there's gonna be TK's around its just gotta be guys in real tangible armor, that's how we remember them.

Ā 

Just because you remember something, doesn't mean it has to be so - caps or not.

True but think about the possibilities for after filming wraps and they sell off the costumes, albeit expensive we the public could get our hands on new armor if they do indeed tweak with it. new CRLs would follow and someone would no doubt cash in making the new armor. BTW Carrie Fisher confirmed for Ep VII.