The progress of the Rubies so far...

Well yeah I know the Rubies isn't considered as a good armor but just because the armor can't be top notch doesn't matter that the assecories have to be as low quality.

Besides I guess it have been and will be more people searching for how to make an ROTJ-holster, just wanted to know since I couldn't find any threads or facts about it.

While there are many imperfections in the armor itself, probably the biggest reason people see Rubies as sub-par is because almost every image floating around is on a mannequin thats not fiited/strapped to it properly, or on some poor sap wearing who bought it from a Halloween store who has no clue how to wear it. I think if someone takes the time to do the proper mods on it like you are doing, it will definitely look much better. Proper accessories should also greatly enhance it's look. For the holster, it's pretty much the same as an ANH holster, but with longer straps connecting it to the belt.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics on the progress.

Ā 

Pretty happy with how the holster turned out, didn't find the type of leather that I wanted but I hope this is good enough.

I'm waiting to put on the female snap on the strap until I know how the blaster will fit.

C51404C1-71F8-4B7F-B600-8CC58135A764-6580-00000BD1A49E467C_zpsf81db777.jpg

Ā 

I've also painted the ab-buttons. The blue was alot brighter than I thought. The other blue shades I've tried was way too dark so I couldn't see any difference on those and the black ones.. :P

Do I need to find a darker shade of blue?

90DE7772-812C-4E07-A337-24BC41F6D6A0-6652-00000C89AEA24725_zps510b6aab.jpg

Ā 

I've replaced the wider elastics with 6mm elastics and I've put it higher up on the bells. Also some padding have been put in.

47059A54-C43E-42ED-B3EA-7C613A847761-6690-00000C908AFD18BC_zps07af2765.jpg

Ā 

The armor-pack on the right thigh have been put on correct.

I'm working on the shoulder straps right now, Have one of them repainted while the other one have some abs-paste that need to dry first.

Ā 

That's it for now!