My E-11: an early prop

DroidHunter

Many moons ago (say close to a decade) I first discovered Star Wars costuming and costuming in general. I started to pursue the idea of building a TK kit, but quickly found that I was not at a time in my life when it was a realistic possibility. And I had zero experience in either costuming or prop building. Nevertheless, I took it upon myself to attempt to convert a Hasbro blaster into an E-11. I picked up some parts online and made others myself. I've been told this should be fine for trooping though I will need a new blaster in order to achieve EIB status or higher. I've dusted this off and I have to make a few repairs -- my son snapped the head off of the folding stock! So while I fix it, I am going to modify the scope and give it some weathering. I don't want to repaint gunmetal grey and then black as the paint is quite thick on it already, so I will likely stick to dry brushing some 'damage' onto the edges. Here are a few pics ofthe original built. The entire magazine assembly was made using a for sale sign so its lacking in detail.

First step on my TK quest.

fy5Ys4B.jpg

sb2njrH.jpg

dUezs99.jpg

VVQMc3Z.jpg

Fut7CuG.jpg

xEK126E.jpg

Ex2hxO7.jpg

1BjbxC8.jpg

LdY43J7.jpg