Anyone tried a throat mic

• 2 weeks later...

I have and they work great. I used it for a walkie talkie system so I had a PTT for my helmet mic and one for the throat mic depending on who I wanted to talk to. It worked out great.

Ā 

Ā 

I have a throat mic that I used back in the day for airsoft. I recently connected it to my iComm/Aker and I really like it so far. My other uni directional mic that came with the Aker was very sensitive to the music I would play through my Aker. I have to kinda speak louder than normal to sound loud and clear.

• 3 weeks later...

mine both have the ear piece and that works good.

Ā 

When I used my throat mic with the ear piece (clear tube that plugs into your ear) I had a sound amplifier in the other ear to insure I could hear both things good. The armor rattle was a bit loud. I haven't solve that noise yet. I was able to have a PTT in each finger tip and talk into the voice amplifier or the walkie or both. I could also keep it private when talking with squires or someone asking a private question and not press either button.

Ā 

I would love to try it again sometime. It works out at large events where you can get away from the group like a ball game or concert or convention center. channel 5 01 yo. :)

• 1 month later...

Here is what I bought i think. I basically searched for the brand of walkie I was going to use and bought one that worked for it. I got 2 different throat mics as I have 2 different motorola talkabouts.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working