armor depot Q&A

Daetrin

http://www.armor-depot.com/i/33/assembled-and-ready-to-wear-stormtrooper-armor-prop-cosplay-kit.htm

Actually I'm surprised they haven't gotten a C&D yet from LFL. Still, who is is recasting would you reckon? Mix mash?

you can do a whois lookup on the domain and get the person's name and address. They have their domain registered publicly.

I won't paste the info out in the open but its listed for the world to see.

Doesn't tell you who they are re-casting but it tells you who is doing it :(

I remember seeing those pics on ebay last year. There's speculation that its mike glover or r2lass from clone troopers.net nothing was really set in stone from what i've read about them but someone that bought a helmet from them said it was weak fiberglass

Edited by DizzyStormtrooper

none of the photos really show me enough detail.

interesting to see what will happen with this company.

pulls look like marshmellows recast from AP.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I remember seeing those pics on ebay last year. There's speculation that its mike glover or r2lass from clone troopers.net nothing was really set in stone from what i've read about them but someone that bought a helmet from them said it was weak fiberglass

Dunno if it's the same person but it's close at the very least.. The domain is registered to a Robert Glover in Florida, using "casters inc" (lol, missing the 're') as company name (it's pretty much public domain when it's publicly visible like that ;) ).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to Armor-Depot.com! Click on an icon above to view our product categories.

Updated November 20th, 2012. Please note that at this time, we are not accepting any new orders with the exception of 4 Dengar kits and 1 stormtrooper kit. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are transferring to new owners shortly.

FROM the front page?

Waitaminute... There's only one user I know that would have dengar kits laying around.. Customcastingservices. But I dont understand the "new owners" part.

From their FAQ:

6) I saw some stuff on eBay that looks like your pictures. Are you the same company?

Probably. We are on eBay as custom-casting-services. Feel free to check our feedback there. You'll notice our prices here are slightly less.

• 2 weeks later...

The website says,

"Welcome to Armor-Depot.com! Click on an icon above to view our product categories.

Updated November 20th, 2012. Please note that at this time, we are not accepting any new orders with the exception of 4 Dengar kits and 1 stormtrooper kit. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are transferring to new owners shortly."

How will everyone handle the "new owners"? Do they have to scrap the old molds and start over to be acceptable according to everyone's standards or just make some changes/clean up the old ones? Will Armor Depot forever be scorned because of the "old owner"?

Just curious what happens after a reputation is tarnished. I see these kind of posts on occasion and wonder what happens 'after'.

• 2 weeks later...

The equipment has been moved to the new owners. I'll try to update if I find out anything about their moulds. I think they might be going under a different name than armor depot also.

edit: scratch that, until I find out otherwise they are still going by Armor Depot

Edited by HockeyTrooper

• 10 months later...