gmrhodes13

How To: Fit and Adjust a Beret

Looks good to me, Vern :duim:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I've never noticed this sticky before.  I kinda have a question about it since my RS Props will be here in a couple of weeks.  Yea... I know.  I'm slow at this lol.  Anyways.....

I love the idea of the beret.  When I start suiting up, that's just another handler that we won't have.  This could allow me to suit up AND do handler duties if need be.  My question revolves around the color.  Personally, I favor the black but that might not be my call.  Not to mention, when suited as a HWT, the orange pauldron will already stick out anyway as far as color goes.  Will the color of the beret standardized eventually?

Thanks!

Patrick

Wearing a beret at work every day.....don't feel the need to wear one in my spare time as well:-).....

Thumbs up to this idea, used it over wknd on first troop. My bucket is pretty heavy, so it is nice to take it off and still look professional with a beret on. Found black one for around $20

Ooohh Betty, the pussy did a whoopsy in my beret,,, hmmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Guys - is there a thread or source for the Beret FISD Flash?

Yes. But it's open only to 501st members. If you are one, request access in the correct thread in the getting-started area. Then you can find the 501st only parts of the forum.

Yes. But it's open only to 501st members. If you are one, request access in the correct thread in the getting-started area. Then you can find the 501st only parts of the forum.

Thanks! I am a member (TK13690) and I'll check out that thread. Figure it was faster sometimes to ask than to look through all the threads

I spent too many years wearing a maroon beret in the hot Summer sun and again in the freezing cold. I think this looks cool but my beret has been retired and sits in a shadow box with all of my awards. My biggest pet peeve with movies and tv shows are when people wear the beret incorrectly. Take the time to learn how to properly wear it and shape it to your head. I use to trim the cardboard piece a little, shave the fuzzies with a razor, and wet it and wear it to shape it. 

• Like 2

I spent too many years wearing a maroon beret in the hot Summer sun and again in the freezing cold. I think this looks cool but my beret has been retired and sits in a shadow box with all of my awards. My biggest pet peeve with movies and tv shows are when people wear the beret incorrectly. Take the time to learn how to properly wear it and shape it to your head. I use to trim the cardboard piece a little, shave the fuzzies with a razor, and wet it and wear it to shape it.

It's worth noting that different countries have different ways of wearing a beret correctly.

I sport berets all the time, so this is a great thread. I have a Polish army burgundy beret I'll have to remove the patch that's on it. It's a bit snug though, any suggestions on adjusting the circumference? If all else fails I have a red spetznaz beret as well, is red a no go?

I did the same, maroon with hunting eagle  (german airbone) - but i have to agree to Mathias, berets were worn different in different countries.

For me the style on the first page of this thread looks foremost funny, as we did it different. (even different than, lets say, a friend who was at the M109 selfpropelled artillery.)

When i first joined the military, a friend of mine ( NOT me!!!;) had glued his cap badge on his beret. It took about 10min before some old Sgt bellowed out at him to stop from about 100 yards away. He then proceded to give him a long 10min lecture on proper dress edict, followed by one quick pull, and off it came. Ever since i've used a needle and thread.

I wore a beret for a good while and in the UK we never had any cardboard stiffener in it because if you shape your beret properly you don't need one...

Mine was shaped very similar to the pics on the 1st page but I had 3 vertical ridges on the left side that were shaped by placing a 4 splayed fingers on the material and bunching it by pressing and moving the fingers together...

Also it's better to shape using steam rather than water... also cut the liner take out a whole section that would usually sit in the right-side overhang flap with the result of making it thinner with a sharper edge...

As British army badges are metal (normal ranks, officers are cloth) there was no need to sew them as they have their own attachment method but in the choice of glue or sew I'd say sew every time, but if you must glue you can use the newer gel superglue as its flexible and won't crack...

if it works kick it, if it doesn't work kick it till it does...

Edited by AWOL

I got issued a beret when I was in the Army.  The never ones you only have to shave once.  And they don't have any liner in them, just the cardboard stiffener up front.  Soak it in water, shake it out, fit it and shape it and let it dry on your head.  Then tie the cord in the back AFTER it's been fitted and snip off the ends.  Don't do that before it's shaped or it will get too snug.