Mic tips and speakers

I am preparing to start an AP armor set this weekend and am getting parts and pieces ahead of time.

I am wondering about the mic tips, and speaker combinations. I want to use them with a RomFX classic kit I have coming and want to hook it to them. I have looked at a couple different combinations including stompers, and triktoys but am mostly interested in a set that are movie accurate look and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they are all accurate or some better than others? All opinions welcome.

Thanks and I cant wait to get started this weekend...

Hi Jay looking at the pics of triktoys stuff on flea bay i would say they are not accurate hovi mic tips :duimomlaag:

Stompers on the other hand are movie accurate :duim:

But i think stompers run is fininshed for the time being :(

I don't want to step on your toes or diss your work though Stomper when I mention this. From what I've seen, if you use the tips with speakers, the interior color doesn't match up which I know is not your fault Stomper since the speakers are black. The movie mic tips have a white/beige interior and Stompers are black because of the speakers used. But the screen mesh that is used is not movie accurate also, however the exterior of the tips are dead on. Again, I am not trying to say anyones work look bad, especially yours Stomper (which I've bought a set from a while back), it's just my opinion on what looks movie accurate as far as the interior color and screen. If the screen were to be more accurate and somehow get white speakers, then you would have the best of both worlds. Accuracy and speakers!!!

I guess it all comes down to what one wants. I, for one, am very interested in keeping my sound system enclosed in the helmet and will sacrifice accuracy accordingly. I changed my Keith Hovis to a pair of Stomper's excellent speaker-tips in order to have as little hassle with wiring and external speakers as possible... colour of the mic tip innards and different mesh is a small price to pay for integrated sound, IMO. :)

Hey dude, if you want a kick butt helmet mounted solution please visit my shoddy tutorial here :)

---------

Much bigger speakers can be fitted this way. Plus I sell caps for them :)

Try to use the small pad mic for this though ok, not the flat hollow box ones bikers like to use. Feedback problems otherwise.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the info guys

I was wondering though, if the black color is not movie accurate, could one not take the mesh off and airbrush paint the speakers lightly white/beige?? Just wondering because I am into airbrush painting and I have painted speakers for car show enthusiast before and they have worked great. If this would help with accuracy it could be a start. As for the mesh, (maninwhite) where could I find accurate mesh hovie at? Also John I checked out your tutorial, but kind of do not completely understand your process. Can you PM me and give me more details. Looks like a great idea, but I was not totally sure about the process, parts etc, where to get the stuff here in the states.

Anyone now know where I can get an accurate set of Hovis that I can work my magic with since Stomper is out, and the other set are not accurate?

Thanks for the info guys

I was wondering though, if the black color is not movie accurate, could one not take the mesh off and airbrush paint the speakers lightly white/beige?? Just wondering because I am into airbrush painting and I have painted speakers for car show enthusiast before and they have worked great. If this would help with accuracy it could be a start. As for the mesh, (maninwhite) where could I find accurate mesh hovie at? Also John I checked out your tutorial, but kind of do not completely understand your process. Can you PM me and give me more details. Looks like a great idea, but I was not totally sure about the process, parts etc, where to get the stuff here in the states.

Anyone now know where I can get an accurate set of Hovis that I can work my magic with since Stomper is out, and the other set are not accurate?

:Lots of people make Hovi mic tips but to be honest I use metal ones. Ian Sutton TK7903 makes tips but I think they're resin.

As for my tutorial, without explaining it all again which bit are you confused on dude?

I got those mylar speakers from maplin here in the UK. Just get an equivelant with you there. Any electrical outlet store should have some, Radioshack with you guys right?

Mesh can come from a car bosy repair place. They use mesh to line a hole and then cover it with resin, sand and spray over.

I think a chap called Keith (not much help I know lol) makes metal aerators, they dont need to be metal though, just hollow.

Are Stomper's Hovis with speakers luod enough? Is the sound too "thin" because of the speaker's small size?

I've ordered a ROM/FX and was wondering what speaker setup to pair with it...

Are Stomper's Hovis with speakers luod enough? Is the sound too "thin" because of the speaker's small size?

I've ordered a ROM/FX and was wondering what speaker setup to pair with it...

Pablo,

Hey dude, I have ordered a RomFX to, and a set of stompers hovies with speakers. Reading others write ups on this subject everyone seems to say they work well together. I am guessing this is a good combination.

RomFX here with Stomper's Hovies and Terrell's mini speakers (Stomper orders from him), and the end result is just awesome!!!

That's just what makes people go "OOoooooouuu!!"