Troop of the Month

2013 Challenge Updates

Swag Report

Off Topic

gallery_14191_42_1235.png

gallery_14191_42_27023.png

Greetings Fellow Troopers:

We Have Reached 300 EIB's:

That's right, Troopers, it is a day of celebration for the Stormtrooper. It has been a long and arduous journey for the White Imperial Armor Clad Soldier. I know when I say this that I am not the only one that feels this way. There has been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into getting the Stormtrooper Detachment's first level artisan program from concept to what it is today. A major hats off to everyone that has been a part of helping this program to have the success that it has achieved to this point. A special "Thank You" goes to the Detachment Founder, Paul Hoeffer (Daetrin) for his unwavering belief in this program. This has not been an easy journey nor an overnight success. The EIB program originally met with skepticism and somewhat of an antagonistic response of a faction feeling like it was a form of "elitism", which it is truly not, but merely wanting to putting your best foot forward and showing your pride for the TK. Over the past few years now, it has become a lot easier for most people to do their TK build straight out of the gate to EI or even to the Centurion level. I attribute this to the awareness that this website and all of its members has brought forth and have passed it forward to the next generation of TKs.

So celebrate tonight ladies and gents, 'cause the next part of the journey starts tomorrow to achieve the goal of half of the active Legion TK's becoming EI.

Fere Centum Centurion:

The highest level of the FISD artisan program, which is Centurion, is close to reaching the 100 mark. I find this to be "impressive, most impressive!" This level has grown exponentially compared to its predecessor, the Expert Infantry. This, however, is not to take anything away from the Expert Infantry, because it was the building blocks for the Centurion. I know everyone that has participated in the Centurion program should feel a sense of pride to know that this program, which only had its first inductee back on April 22, 2011, Mathias Rodstedt TK2959 (Locitus), has reached almost 100 members in less than two years. So keep up the great work, Troopers. The Emperor is proud!!!

Elections:

Legion election time is upon us. There are three phases to the elections. Each phase will last five days. The first phase is nominations and the deadline for nominations will conclude on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time or 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (please reference your time zone and what country you are in). After the nomination phase, if there are two or more nominations, the Q&A will start, which will last five days. Then after the Q&A phase, the voting phase will begin and last five days. The voting will conclude on Friday, February 15, 2013.

If there is only one nominee that accepts and goes unchallenged, then after the nomination phase is concluded, the one nominee will automatically be appointed the position without going through the other two phases.

Right now, as it stands for the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, TK 9674 - Eric Brager (Darth Aloha) is the only one that has accepted the nomination for Detachment Leader of the whitearmor.net.

There has been a lengthy list of nominees that have declined and are listed below:

BH 060 - Roberto O Suarez

TK 394 - Christopher Moody

TK 671 - Mark Allanson

ID 1548 - Gina C Canady

TK 2257 - Kristi N Haney

TD 2886 - Terry Chui

TK 2918 - Brian Robinson

BH 2950 - James Holliday

TK 2959 - Mathias Rodstedt

TK 3765 - Troy D Rule

TK 4034 - Steve W Gaza

TK 4251 - Raymond D Nichols

TK 5430 - Brack Lee

TK 5940 - Thomas S Gardner

TK 5955 - BJ Savage

TK 6042 - Richard Vincent Lindsay

TK 6726 - Charlie Judd

TK 6818 - Ingrid Moon

TK 6953 - José Francisco Fernández Podadera

TK 7388 - Damian Vila

TD 7435 - Darren Haverstock

TK 7580 - Dennis Hahn

TK 7586 - Daniel R Nickeson

CC 7602 - Brian J Anderson

TK 8020 - Paul C Hoeffer

TK 8151 - Jim Peternel

TK 8351 - David Jarvis

TK 8541 - Noel A Green

BH 9742 - Grant Thomson

It is an honor to serve in the position of DL or CO, which I know about first hand. It is not a task that should ever be looked at as something you do for "bragging rights" or as a "status symbol." It is simply making a concerted effort to further benefit and make sure that you do the best for all concerned. So if anyone that is considering running, please understand what is involved before throwing your bucket in the ring.

As you can see, I am on the decline list for nomination for DL. I wanted to first say that it was not because I did not care or want to serve all of you in some capacity. It has truly been an honor to serve as your DL, and prior to that as the XO and Tactical Officer when I first started on Staff. I have enjoyed serving and working along side you in trying to benefit all TKs. I have been asked and accepted the nomination for CO of my Garrison (Carolina Garrison). It was a hard decision for me to make because I consider both the FISD and the Carolina Garrison to be my family. I am not going to go "rogue" on you. I still care deeply about the FISD and will be an active participant. I thank all of you for believing in me.

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Tom Gardner

TK5940 "RogueTrooper"

Detachment Leader

gallery_14191_42_21102.png

Just a quick recap of JANUARY's activity:

Centurion Awards: 7 (total 81)

Expert Infantry Awards: 7 (total 302) WE DID IT!

Fire Team Tally: 11 total, 0 new

Attachè Tally: 1 new

Newest Attachès: "niugnep" TK-8453 (David, Bast Alpha Gerrison)

What's an Attachè? Someone in your garrison who represents FISD with the friendly "Troopers Helping Troopers" spirit! Is that you? Volunteer today!

New member registrations: 135

Active members in forums: 327 new topics and 5331 posts

Reported Field Exercises: 14

Check here to experience them all!

Twitter Followers as of 1/31: 670

Facebook Followers as of 1/31: 1580

Do you know of people in your garrison who don't regularly visit whitearmor.net, but might benefit from the FISD and Legion updates, as well as tips and some community-oriented fun? Invite them to follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

Ingrid Moon

TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"

Public Relations Officer

gallery_14191_42_18856.png

HOW TO: Keep your Shins from Spinning

I help a lot of new troopers, and one of the big issues that comes up is the issue of twisting shin armor and boots popping out from under the armor. I don't have this issue so I didn't have any great advice to give except what was in my imagination.

Doing a little research, I found these two tutorials that provide two potential solutions for the twisting shinsters. If you read the comments, too, you'll find a few more great ideas including foam (a common one). Meanwhile, for those of you with tornadoes for legs, try one of these. And if you've tried them and they didn't work, leave a comment about why it didn't work. Your experience, good or bad, can help others find a solution for their issues.

VELCRO TABS by Peter (2013)

gallery_15432_43_1367.jpg

SNAP TABS by Scott TK1491 (2009)

gallery_15432_43_16916.jpg

Ingrid Moon

TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"

Public Relations Officer

gallery_14191_42_9464.png

We are thrilled to announce January's Trooper of the Month, (Joey) José E. Eguía, M.D. - "TK-2126_MD."

Joey founded the Bolivian Outpost in 2008 and was the first TK in Bolivia. Joey has been the sole proprietor, chief cook and bottle washer until November of 2012 when the second member was inducted. Some may look at this as being slow progress for the 501st, but Joey has kept a positive attitude and inner strength that I don't think most could have done in the face of what repercussions could arise from the government of Bolivia, if found out. Their laws are extremely strict and what we take for granted, and the privileges with what we do in the 501st, is a prosecuting offense in Bolivia.

Joey has not only stayed strong in Bolivia, but has also been a mentor to other struggling Outposts in other countries, all the while never "chest thumping" or looking outwardly for adulation, but being the good guy he truly is. If anyone has ever met Joey in person, which I have had the privilege of doing, you would know when I say this that he is like Santa Claus wrapped in bacon.

tk2126_full.jpgtk2126_head.jpg

Tom Gardner

TK5940 "RogueTrooper"

Detachment Leader

gallery_14191_42_24507.png

January wasn't the most active month, it seems, at least not for FISD members. There were birthdays and book signings with our 501st fave Timothy Zahn, and a lot of fun-looking troops and parades for many purposes. But the eye-catching and good-will Troop of the Month award for January goes to the Adler Planetarium "After Dark" troop! (Main mission report on page 3.)

With 10 TKs and over a dozen other troopers, the troop supported "Geek Chic" night, an adult-only party to bring funds and support to the museum and planetarium and raise awareness of how much fun a planetarium can be. In addition to a great troop, the event resulted in some stunning photography by Matthew Crowley to capture the event.

Congratulations to the Midwest Garrison for a Troop of the Month that is out of this world!

gallery_15432_43_7678.jpg

gallery_15432_43_385979.png

Ingrid Moon

TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"

Public Relations Officer

gallery_15432_42_10701.jpg

In December I started a thread asking for people to post their 2013 goals. Although it didn't have to be costuming or 501st related, a lot of the resolutions show our club's "addictive nature" as some might call it :) The main purpose is to highlight some of our FISD members and see them "under the bucket." This month we'll follow up with TK-5376, Keith from the Golden Gate Garrison, who has been working on his officer (ID) and Sith Acolyte costumes. He'll be posting updates here so we can prod him along.

My two current builds are both outside the TK realm, but FISD is my home. So far my favorite build has been my ATA TK (ANH-Stunt) with which I earned my Expert Infantry Badge last summer. My dad helped me a lot with that build, and it was a fun to spend time working with him over the summer. Last year I also helped my brother join the 501st Legion as a TI pilot.

Most of my effort for my Imperial Officer (Staff) build has gone into research and staying patient while it comes together. Steve and Debbie in Florida did a really great job tailoring my uniform. My last piece, the boots, have finally been ordered and should be arriving soon. I hope to take my submission photos sometime in February.

My other build is a Sith Acolyte from "The Old Republic" video game. It is going more slowly than previous builds, but I finally have all the different elements in my possession. My most recent progress has been: making the Sith robe with my mom, getting an awesome mask from Mynock in Canada, and purchasing a lightsaber from UltraSabers. I surprised my history students (middle school) by wearing the robe, mask, gloves, and saber to school one day, and they really loved it! I still have a fair amount of trimming and painting to do, and I hope to get it completed this summer.

gallery_15432_43_12590.jpggallery_15432_43_16307.jpggallery_15432_43_13340.jpg

I also want to highlight a trooper who knows first-hand what our club and costumes are all about. This is Dan Bergeron, TK3967, who is battling illness with his inner strength and a great attitude. His goal is to kick cancer in the backside, and it really gives him an excellent perspective that can remind all of us what life is worth.

gallery_15432_43_12418.jpg

As for why I do this.. Well I look back into my childhood and think about how awesome it would have been to see my favorite Star Wars characters in person, it would have made my year! Something I would never forget. I want to be able to give that feeling to as many kids and even adults as I can. For many of us we want to do those big troops the high profile troops where there is a lot of people and cameras... But to me that is not what it is about, it's about helping others. If I can go see a sick child and make them forget about their pain and make them smile, that's what it is all about, not the lights and cameras but the personal interaction. I'll gladly do a small troop such as a birthday just to see that child's eyes light up and see them get excited rather than go to a big troop just to be seen.

Not to long ago I did a troop for a young boy. His cancer was in recession and we helped raise money for his medical bills. That young boy was the strongest person I had ever met. he never gave up and fought on. Months later I'm in his shoes fighting cancer and I look back at him and he has taught me to NEVER GIVE UP, AND FIGHT ON! Life is to short to worry about the small things; live every day to the fullest, don't ever take your family for granted, tell them you love them every day.

So never forget why we are out there as "Bad Guys Doing Good." For all the squabbles and squawking, the armor fussing and the long waits, always remember what it's really about!

Ingrid Moon

TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"

Public Relations Officer

gallery_14191_42_7527.png

Show off your FISD Pride with these awesome detachment-related items.

wm-front.jpg

And other great stuff just awaiting your feedback and declaration of interest!

CLOSED:

Ingrid Moon

TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"

Public Relations Officer

gallery_15432_42_5952.jpg

I've been seeing a lot of funny photos posted of late and also some great reads, so I thought I would share some of the threads with you.

Stormtrooper Inspired Creations

For those of you interested in things created from the inspiration of Stormtroopers, check outthis thread.

Made Me Laugh a Little

A nice collection of star wars themed pictures can be found here.

Journey Into Nerdom

Share your nerdy stories on this thread.

What Does Your TK ID Represent

After reading some threads and seeing that some of you use special dates in your lives for you TK ID I thought I would start this thread to share.

Glen Rhodes

TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"

Imperial Attaché

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor

Now with "tip of the week" and other ongoing discussions. If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st

To find out what the Emperor's dancers are up to at any given moment, follow FISD on Twitter!

With Unquestioned Loyalty for Dark Chocolate,

Ingrid Moon

TK-6818 “LadyInWhiteâ€

Public Relations Officer

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff.

End Transmission.

This post has been promoted to an article

1) I'm stealing the bad a very impolite person MW Stormtrooper group photo. That is a FANTASTIC looking picture!

2) Eric for DL? Sounds good to me! Wait....can I vote if I'm a Legion member but not a Stormtrooper yet....?

3) Wow, Locitus was the first Centurion and only barely two years ago? That's crazy!

4) Ugh! My t-shirt is featured but I don't have it up and running yet. Sorry guys and gals! Only a couple more weeks of training and the shirt/pins will be moving forward!

Another great issue, thanks!! :smiley-sw013:

4) Ugh! My t-shirt is featured but I don't have it up and running yet. Sorry guys and gals! Only a couple more weeks of training and the shirt/pins will be moving forward!

Haha I know, I was wondering just now when I saw the t-shirt features.. hurry hurry, this tshirt is awesome and I need it! B):peace:

In spite of me having nothing to say this month web-wise... it was another fine edition hot off the FISD presses.

Congrats to Imperial Propaganda PR team for pulling it off once again.

-Eric

In case you haven't noticed before... there's a link at the top of the forum labeled "News" where, if you were so inclined, can read all past newsletters.

-Eric

gallery_14191_42_9464.png

We are thrilled to announce January's Trooper of the Month, (Joey) José E. Eguía, M.D. - "TK-2126_MD."

Joey founded the Bolivian Outpost in 2008 and was the first TK in Bolivia. Joey has been the sole proprietor, chief cook and bottle washer until November of 2012 when the second member was inducted. Some may look at this as being slow progress for the 501st, but Joey has kept a positive attitude and inner strength that I don't think most could have done in the face of what repercussions could arise from the government of Bolivia, if found out. Their laws are extremely strict and what we take for granted, and the privileges with what we do in the 501st, is a prosecuting offense in Bolivia.

Joey has not only stayed strong in Bolivia, but has also been a mentor to other struggling Outposts in other countries, all the while never "chest thumping" or looking outwardly for adulation, but being the good guy he truly is. If anyone has ever met Joey in person, which I have had the privilege of doing, you would know when I say this that he is like Santa Claus wrapped in bacon.

tk2126_full.jpgtk2126_head.jpg

Tom Gardner

TK5940 "RogueTrooper"

Detachment Leader

Wow so unexpected i am really really honored by this.

THANK YOU Thank you

If there is one thing that has been branded into my philosophy in and as a Member of the 501st other then the Legions " ·3 Maximas" To Celebrate To Promote, To Contribute. That would be " Troopers Helping Troopers"

This Nomination and Award is dedicated to Past ,Current and Future Sister and Brothers in White.

Gracias