TK lid needs reviewing (aiming for Centurion) (pic heavy)

HI guys, here are some photos of my TK lid. I'ts 99% finished, and I'm aiming for Centurion with this build.

Please feel free to let me know if something doesn't qualify.

(I will be painting the ear screws white tonight!)

Info:

Make: BFA (UK), HIPS.

'S' shape neck trim.

Painted all details except tube stripes.

Flat Green perspex lenses.

Frown mesh

2-part Hovi's.

Paint: Humbrol Gloss black #21, Grey #5. Interior painted Humbrol Matt Black #33

pics:

DSC03376_zps090cd394.jpg

DSC03377_zps5d5ac7b4.jpg

DSC03367_zpsaf1b3947.jpg

DSC03360_zpsb13b0fc5.jpg

DSC03370_zps4737cfdb.jpg

DSC03363_zps297b5e2e.jpg

DSC03381_zpsb6b068c1.jpg

DSC03380_zps0f79bd88.jpg

DSC03379_zps4c0d2e35.jpg

Edited by rapstertee

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Update - I've now reduced the black ear marks to ONE per side, not two.

There's an Imperial or Stormtrooper ranking chart somewhere floating around on this site. I'm going to go for the rank of Corporal, because that was my rank when I was Active Duty Marines. Your Right eye (left facing) looks like its not trimmed aligned, like there's a curve. Overall, good job with the painting! Don't think I have the patience to do that detail!

I think the right eye looks different because it has the infamous stormtrooper "stye in the eye".  The stye looks slightly too large though.  Most I've seen have a "bump" along the bottom edge, but the eye returns to normal curvature before reaching the inside corner.  In other words, the stye doesn't reach the inside corner nearest the nose.  That's tough to describe!  Then again, maybe it's just an odd angle with the photo.

Other than that, it looks really nice to me.  Dude, you nailed it with the hand painted details!  Nice work!  Good job with the ear gaps too!

Edited by usaeatt2

Update - I've now reduced the black ear marks to ONE per side, not two.

I was headed to the bottom of the thread to post this one, the CRLs for higher approval state that no more than one ear bar should be painted black for ANH TKs.

If I wanted to use my actual rank, I'd have to go ahead and make an ESB TK. :/ There's always the "next" one, I suppose. LoL

Looking good, Terry.

I was headed to the bottom of the thread to post this one, the CRLs for higher approval state that no more than one ear bar should be painted black for ANH TKs.

If I wanted to use my actual rank, I'd have to go ahead and make an ESB TK. :/ There's always the "next" one, I suppose. LoL

Looking good, Terry.

What branch of service are you Dark CMF? I was in Marines from 1998 to 2007