HWT Backpack Question

Hi fellow troopers,

Thinking of making a HWT, and I see some have customized backpacks which got approved. So I want to find out how much deviation from the pack on the 501st Legion costume guide gallery(image below) is allowed in order for the HWT backpack to be approved?

Last thing I want is to make a kickass backpack just to be told it won't meet requirements for approval...

597px-TK_hwt_full.jpeg

Edited by SaberFreak

I used a Dirty Boy "Move Along" backpack, which is an approved Sandtrooper pack. There are a lot of details of packs on the MEPD site: http://www.mepd.net/

If you use a sandtrooper approved pack, it is easy to convert to sandtrooper in the future if you so want.

That's the

If you use a sandtrooper approved pack, it is easy to convert to sandtrooper in the future if you so want.

I want to build a custom backpack, like the one a member here made which looks nothing like any of the approved backpack.

That's why I want to know what kind of customizing is allowed and how much can we customize?

Edited by SaberFreak

Kind of like Mark, I have a "Quartermaster" Move Along pack..but if I were you, I would look at the screen captures for the HWT pack and build it as close to that as possible..maybe check with Locitus and see how far you can go as to customizing to stay approvable. :duim:

Kind of like Mark, I have a "Quartermaster" Move Along pack..but if I were you, I would look at the screen captures for the HWT pack and build it as close to that as possible..maybe check with Locitus and see how far you can go as to customizing to stay approvable. :duim:

Thanks for the advise, will keep that in mind ^_^

I'd really appreciate it if you'd post some pics of your backpack :duim:

Sorry I didn't get them up quicker lol. I actually am upgrading a few things but just to give you an idea here is the pack I was approved with. This was my first crack at making a scratch built pack ;p

packleft.jpg

packright.jpg

packstraight.jpg

packstraight2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So is there not a set style for Heavy Weight? Just as long as its a pack, not dirty but normal field wear?

Hopefully someone from Command will chime in here, but be careful with the customizations guys and girls. I'm sure it is ok to deviate a bit and get regular approval, but if you intend on going EI or Centurian, you will need to have a spot on pack as per TD style or the Game Version to get approved. ;)

Edited by Quartermaster