Identifying armor

Wondering if anyone can post the locations for identifiers or tags on the different kinds of armors out there?

Im talking to a guy right now who has a set of armor he claims is made from "the molds sold by lucasarts" (in his own words) but he doesnt know who the maker is so Im wondering what I should be looking for if I drive up to take a look.

It appears that TE, TE2, AM and ATA are the ones made from ROTJ suits and ANH helmets but Im at a loss as to what exactly Im looking for.

Hopefully he will send me pics in the next day or so and I can post them here.

Thanks

Any one that states "the molds sold by lucasarts" is your cue to get out of there with out looking back ;)!!!!!

My best advice is this letter i send to all ppl that ask me were to go or start here at the FISD

================================================================

Dark regards & Imperial Greetings for the FISD!!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of all that is Stormtrooper!!!!

Ready to make you’re your very own Imperial Assault trooper!!! Well u came to the right place! -------------

Plz take a moment to read through theses 2 links first.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3055-fisd-rules-and-guidelines/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19106-fisd-net-etiquette-dos-and-donts/

Next become familiarized with the forum search engine. In the plus 5 years that the FISD is up and running there are thousands of threads full with questions and most important ANSWERES!!!! It is almost 99.95% that the question u have, has already been made and answered in multiple threads. By using the search function u will save time on your build research. Research = savings and a better build. The more u research the more information and knowledge u will have to make and choose the right armor, sizes parts and pieces and in the long run will mean spending less for better quality and a overall better build!!!

-----------

EIB ( Expert Infantry Badge) & Centurion are not mandatory, but to be honest it really isn’t that much Harder or more expensive to go Centurion from the get go. We strongly suggest you do--------------

Glad u found your way here :)

Dont forget to look up local troopers in your area!!! Look for them here http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php#garrisons

=================================================================================================

My second advice would be dont rush getting armor, its better to take your time and get the right one then rushing and regretting it, i researched for 3 yrs!!!!! back back around 10 yrs when there was no FISD and hardly any info and there were many many "the molds sold by lucasarts" "this suit is a screen used one " that your time research.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the reply. I normally wouldnt have even pursued this but its close to me and at a really good price (another red flag) but worth investigating nonetheless.

I know ATA puts identifying marks in the helmets.

Will DEFINITELY post pics here before going to look at it.

YES and be honest with the guy, tell him you want to take pic if he honestly has nothing to hide then he wont mind but if he doenst want to let you take pics or have you tell us his name thats a RED Flag also.

Im talking to a guy right now who has a set of armor he claims is made from "the molds sold by lucasarts" (in his own words) but he doesnt know who the maker is so Im wondering what I should be looking for if I drive up to take a look.

Sounds like he's talking about SDS. Hint: They are not made from the real LFL moulds. SDS is also reverse engineered ROTJ. And a pretty bad one too compared to some of the alternatives.

No, you can fit accurate armour just fine at that height. I'm not sure why people think you can't. Girth and waist measurements are of much more concern than height.

Still no pics yet but the guy just told me hes 6'2 and the armor fits him fine.....Im guessing that rules out ATA? Sorry for all the questions, its obvious Im still learning but have to admit I am intrigued (not with buying it at this point) just in getting to the bottom of this.

If I fit the AP with my 6'1, then there's no way on earth you will not fit ATA with 6'2, just saying :)

And Mathias is correct, the waist is a bigger issue. And even that I was able to work out with the smallest armor of all. You'll probably have no problem with ATA :)