Aluminum Receiver

tk1995

Has anyone had experience building an E11 with a sterling parts kit and aluminum receiver? I'm having trouble mounting the parts on a plastic receiver but want something lighter than steel. I'm specifically looking for a reasonably priced source of accurately sized aluminum tubing. Thanks,

Bob

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/14216-e-11-model-x/

"Building the main body. The PVC BBC templates are for a 42mm OD tube matching some plumbing supplies. The real sterling is made out of a 1"1/2 OD tube. I managed to find the right diameter and correct wall too, on ebay.co.uk, tubes being sold as coolant pipes. Made of sturdy 6063 T6 aluminium from what I remember.

The downsizing of the templates are an exact 10%. I shrunk only the width to match the perimeter, holes are oval but since I know what the size is supposed to be (7/16" and a few of 1/2"), so I just needed the alignment and spacing, aside the front stock lock groove that was measured on the original part and cut accordingly."

MyE11_026.JPG