2013 ELECTIONS are now live!

LadyInWhite

ELECTION time has begun!

http://www.501st.com/elections/

If you are eligible to vote, bookmark & read up!

You'll be voting for your local garrison officers, all your detachment DLs, and the Legion-level officers.

I want to see 100% turnout. I know it's not likely, but why not shoot for the moon!

"Not voting fully negates your right to complain,"

says Ingrid Moon. You can quote me on that.

"So get your plastic butt in gear and pay attention... don't let others decide your fate!"

In order to nominate a candidate for DL and vote for a DL, you must be a member of that Detachment in the Legion database, not just in the Detachment forum. To certify Detachment membership, you must first have an eligible costume covered by that Detachment approved by your GML. Then, do the following:

-Go to the "Membership DB" on the Legion forum. The link is in the left menu.

-Select "YOUR PROFILE DATA"

-Scroll down to "Your Unit Affiliation"

-Click "Edit"

(If the costume has been approved by your GML, the Detachment you want to join will be listed as "Detachment Affiliation(s): Eligible:" )

-Click "Add."

(After that, the Detachment Leader MUST approve your request before it will appear in the Detachment list. ONLY THEN will you be able to participate in Detachment elections. )

I think it's frozen now. I had posted a couple weeks ago about how to get past that hurdle, but of course I know not everyone sees it. (Even on Twitter!)

Vote for what you can and show your support for what you can't :D

In order to nominate a candidate for DL and vote for a DL, you must be a member of that Detachment in the Legion database, not just in the Detachment forum. To certify Detachment membership, you must first have an eligible costume covered by that Detachment approved by your GML. Then, do the following:

-Click "Edit"

(If the costume has been approved by your GML, the Detachment you want to join will be listed as "Detachment Affiliation(s): Eligible:" )

-Click "Add."

(After that, the Detachment Leader MUST approve your request before it will appear in the Detachment list. ONLY THEN will you be able to participate in Detachment elections. )

What is weird is that the nomination tab is not showing any 5 digit ID's
yeah I found out about that the hard way.. ppl had plans with me and I was looking forward to it too :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by svache

-Click "Edit"

-Click "Add."

Thank you. I'm still sort of new to all this. I appreciate it.

Thank you. I'm still sort of new to all this. I appreciate it.

No worries. We have the same problem every election with new legion members.

No worries. We have the same problem every election with new legion members.

You'd think they would streamline the process over time if the same problems come back every year..

You'd think they would streamline the process over time if the same problems come back every year..

You'd think they upgrade the forum software to something that isn't a decade old too...

You'd think they upgrade the forum software to something that isn't a decade old too...

I didn't want to say anything but yeah... ask Eric how much I complained already lol

Edit: and not just the forums, sadly enough..

Edited by svache

yeah I found out about that the hard way.. ppl had plans with me and I was looking forward to it too :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Got tired of having my head bitten off for suggesting that loooong ago. :/

LOL - me too. Well, the explanation is that aside from SL, you have to have been in for a year to run for a leadership position, and the 5 digit guys are not there yet...