Fan Noise Through Mic

Hey all,

I have 1 squirrel fan and an aker mic set up in my helmet. I cut the mic down and installed it via velcro directly into the helmet as I found being large of head that it was difficult to put my helmet on with a mic around my ears.

Since then I have had a lot of noise/vibrations being picked up by the mic because it is now right against the plastic only being separated by a layer of velcro...I didnt think it would be that bad but it sure is picking up a lot of sound and I sound like a car running. Have any of you run across this? Is there a way to insulate the mic or fan?

I have tried the fan on the other side of the helmet also... btw all the tape and velcro in the helmet is an attempt to see if it could insulate it..looks a little ugly..sorry for the pic quality.

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

its the vibration going up through the mic, if i take it off the helmet and hover it in the same spot the mic doesnt pick it up but its that its against the plastic...i was hoping there would be some sort of way to insulate the arm of the mic, I know i could just use the headset, but if there is a way I would prefer not to.

Maybe you could find a way to soften the connection of the fan to isolate its vibration. It might be easier than isolating the mic since that needs to be positioned accurately to your mouth. Is there a way to loosen the way your fan is attached?

Awesome idea, I was thinking about incorporating foam in some way, but that sounds like it might just work, thanks Geaux!

@pattrooper - Hey Pat, are you signed up on the Badlands boards? If you are approved you should get out for a troop!

I used some small rubber grommets to soften mine just in case it had this problem, mine is ok don't get any feedback and my speakers are right next to the fans.