Echo's ANH Stunt Build [RS]

Build Update:

I haven't had much time to post, but have made progress on the build. I've trimmed the edges of everything except for the shins. I'll post more images when I get a chance. One thing I wanted some opinions on is the right thigh piece. From looking at other images, LFL & RS builds included, I could see that the top front seam was misaligned due to the originals being that way. But since there was always the thigh battery pack fastened, I assumed the bottom seam edges were aligned. Well I found the image below yesterday on RS's facebook page and I'm now wondering if I should rip apart the front seam and reglue it so the bottom is misaligned too. The difference is about 10mm. Do you think I should redo it? Or will it be ok as I have it since it will be covered up. I wrapped the battery pack around the bottom & it looks like the alignment will not affect the end result..

Ā 

Post3_zps57a37c79.jpg

Edited by Echo

• 2 weeks later...

I've been able to make some progress on my build. Did a quick test fit for the torso and thighs today. The biceps and forearms do not have the strapping yet, but just slipped them on.

Ā 

I'll post better pics later in the week with specifics for feedback on edges, details etc.

null_zps1fc53cab.jpg

null_zps9e5bb89a.jpg

null_zps812fe203-1-1-1.jpg

null_zps6d0e3908.jpg

I think the thighs look fine and the armour looks like a great fit too!

Fine if you don't want to walk, can you see the over and under lap, you need to be able to move

null_zps9e5bb89a.jpg

Yea it did feel tight along the back. I was wondering about how much space is good between the thighs and the torso.

Ā 

It felt good on front along the top and at the knees, but the back was clashing.

Ā 

Lowering them a little sounds good. It was awkward to walk heh. My wife said I looked like a constipated trooper. O.o

Edited by Echo

LOL some imperial laxatives may be needed. It really depends on your height as too how high the thighs sit but you really need a little room on the back, you can rotate the front a little too to if you wish.

Fine if you don't want to walk, can you see the over and under lap, you need to be able to move

null_zps9e5bb89a.jpg

Ā 

I see what you mean.

Ā 

I think the RS kidney plate is an inch or so longer then most other armour's making the butt plate an inch or so lower and giving you a bit of trouble.

Ā 

Try not to lower thighs much as it will expose your groin area and could coarse trouble behind your knees .

Edited by DudeSidious

A quick update. Sorry for the low res phone pics. I was just excited to share. I'll post some proper pics soon to get better feedback. Things left to do:

Attach and paint ab buttons

Attach thigh ammo belt

Attach sniper plate

Elastic on the bridges

Build Helmet

Ā 

Lots of little adjustments to do, but it feels good to see it starting to come together...

Ā 

image_zpsf82d5f08.jpeg

image2_zps19ad76e7.jpeg

image1_zps3b8d6bff.jpeg

image3_zps515b9dc7.jpeg

image4_zpsbf6a5f8f.jpeg

image5_zps80b36583.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking good, the first time you suit up in armor is a great experience, oh not sure about your boots :laugh1:

One question / comment, the hooks on the shins are very frustrating to unhook.. Is that typical? Should I widen the holes to help or will that cause them to pop out more easily?

Ā 

I had an easier time with hooks like that in High School.. /wink ;)

Edited by Echo

I never unhook my shins. I just slide my foot in and out and let the elastic stretch as I do it. But I have slim legs and feet. So it might not work for you.

Its ok Mathius had lady's leg's , dont you sweathart :P;)

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'll even shave them for you at CE2 ;)