Garrison Transfer Complete - I moved to Nashville!

Femtrooper Julie

Hawaii was really fun, I certainly loved the weather and the people. The plan was to stay in the Islands, but sometimes, fate jumps in and changes things up! My guy got a great offer with a Healthcare Company in Nashville, and they even paid the move, so time to transfer garrisons! It was a crazy trip, we shipped two cars to WA state and I drove my Mustang through the snow and over the mountains and made it to Nashville safely. We got are renting a great house for now, and plan to buy at the end of the lease.

The Midsouth Garrison has been very welcoming! I look forward to trooping with them soon!

Being in Nashville means I am much closer to the cons and shows, so I hope to get to meet more of you troopers soon! I plan on Conooga and Lexington Comic Con in March for sure. Of course, I am only four hours from Atalanta, so Dragon con is a must!

Julie

Very happy to hear you and the family made it to Tennessee in one piece. I hope to see you all at some cons and get some pics with you. Congrats to your hubby on his job. Hope you all get use to the weather, although you are from New York, right? You'll be back running around in the snow in just a hoodie in no time. :P

Hope you all get use to the weather, although you are from New York, right? You'll be back running around in the snow in just a hoodie in no time. :P

:laugh1: sorry lol

I'm from the Netherlands but I'm complaining when it hits below 70 here in HI lol

:laugh1: sorry lol

I'm from the Netherlands but I'm complaining when it hits below 70 here in HI lol

You were probably running around outside in the snow in a T-Shirt when I have to at least wear a sweatshirt! I'm just jealous of your awesome weather NOW, J! :)

You were probably running around outside in the snow in a T-Shirt when I have to at least wear a sweatshirt! I'm just jealous of your awesome weather NOW, J! :)

lol not really.. I'm warm blooded, I hate the cold, always did lol. When I was a kid, when we had snow, I often wore two pants over each other lol.. and no need to be jealous.. it's averaging 65 lately (colder at night/warmer during the day) and it's wet, wet, wet in the area where I live now lol.. (ok, if you're in town (Honolulu), then it's easily 75-80, we just made a tactical error last year when we bought this house and came from a more desert-like area here in HI (where it was easily 90F during the day, 95 inside the house lol)).

Oh well, I'm complaining now but at times I do miss my old country.. and since Ed and Julie left the islands, my wife and I have given moving out of HI also a lot of thought... things are considerably cheaper on the mainland, plus flying to Europe would be cheaper too, giving me more chances in seeing my family.

It was so hard leaving Hawaii...but it was for the best! I still hope to get a house here and a vacation condo there someday!

I totally agree, I know Ed's offer and it's too good to pass on, especially with the low cost of living on the mainland. If we were you guys we would've done the same. Funny enough what you are going for now was always my plan (still thinking about doing it), to have a home here and one in Europe (ok, you're in TN lol). We got one advantage on you guys though, we will not be without a home in HI if we sell this one ;) (one of them is just in a 'wrong' area, down in Waipahu lol)

Edited by svache