I am not even sure what to think of this...

RoBoT

I was cruising through the bay. I was in no means searching for armor, but I came across this auction. It is kind of confusing to me. I see people argue about recasting, and then people saying don't buy on e-bay. This seller is a member openly selling and advertising "recast" on ebay!?! The seller also claims this suit is approvable....is that true? I understand the approval process: your armor needs to fit you properly, it has to meet the standards set forth in the CRL. I guess it's 3am here and I am bored,but something just doesn't seem right...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stormtrooper-Armor-Armour-Full-ABS-Kit-Star-Wars-Prop-Costume-/330862595505?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D5074090155793160225%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D180961227689%26

Edited by RoBoT

Wow. Either this guy wants to get booted out (if he hasn't been already) or it's someone impersonating a 501st member to sell armor. Sad either way. Do people not realize we look at eBay too?

His wife, Mandy just passed away and they both bought lots of these FX suits to work on, but now I believe he needs to pay for funeral expenses and I believe he does have permission from the person he bought all the FX suits from to sell them. You guys didn't know, so don't feel bad.. but I think we should cut him some slack. It's a tough time for him. Let me find the link... and I'll post it.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22671-in-memoriam-mandy-zehner-tk-51110/

I was looking through the Bloodfin Garrison, but I think if you guys/girls want more info, best talk to Mark Ryner ... CAPTSAFE66. He won't mind, and I think he'd prefer to set the record straight. It's all so sad. I think Mandy was 37 and I know the have children.

Edited by jnnfr72

So how come he was selling these kits before his wife passed? I distinctly remember this ebay ad popping up once before.

I don't know. Sorry. Nobody's perfect. Can't we turn this into a "Hey - we're the FISD.. and we'll help whoever buys these less than perfect suits into a 501st approvable suit. We want to help, cause it's all about Troopers helping Troopers."

hey guys... my wife and i purchased a bunch of these kits to assemble and resell for a profit... i really like to assemble the kits... I found out later that they were recasts from dale the oriiginal creator of FX armor. I asked him permission to sell off the kits... as is... and am not assembling them.

he thanked me for asking him permission... and gave his blessing as he has a new set of armor coming out soon.

I have a bunch of these kits.. and am trying to start a project in memory of my wife TK-51110 she always thought people should be able to get into armor cheaper... and i'm not trying to make bucks here... and want to make this possible...we were trying to profit in the beginning but this was early on... by assembling etc.... but i didnt think it was a recast.. but after reading on here about recasts etc...i did find out that they are... they are good quality... and in my auctions and to others am very upfront about explaining that they are recasts.

we invested quite a bit on these..... and they ARE 501st quality.... i am approved with this kit.... so are others...

it's a hard time for me right now... but i must say i have never been a part of a real family such as the 501st.

Sorry for the confusion...

the idea for the project.. is called the Mandy project... some were thinking about a patch that could be sold to create a type of scholarship or some way to get people involved in this organization. Mandy was very troubled... but when she went to a few troops and meetings... she fell in love with everyone... it made her happy and she had a lot of ideas...

one of which was.... "the 501st does all this great stuff why don't they just give people armor so they can join" i explained about armor etc though she still thought that people should be able to get armor cheaper.... I want to make that possible now...

i even emaild dale to ask about his old bucks etc... but really will just settle for getting people into affordable armor the cheapest way possible... again.. i'm not trying to profit.. i start the auctions at 1 dollar i have been blessed that they reach enough to where there is a profit... and i sell to anyone that wants to join... I call this armor FX-M

the M is for mandy... and FX because it's a recast of FX.

I would love ideas from anyone... she loved the 501st for the short time she was a part of it... and i have been shown that we are all a true family... i have received so much support and help from you guys... i just can't thank you all enough...

Thank you Andrew for taking your time to explain yourself. And I am very sorry for your loss.

While I can't argue much for your current motives, I did find my response to the previous thread from November regarding your sale, and in principle I still stand by this.

If you really want to know who he is he posted his TK-ID in the sales description. But there is actually no mention that he is the one doing the recasting. He could just as well just be a front/reseller of the kits.

But I'm no fan of what he's doing, that's for sure. It's doing nothing to help the legion look better, and it screws over the customers by taking their money that could be better spent on a more accurate kit. But that goes for all of ebay. To be fair, he has the most honest sales description of a recast fx-kit I've ever seen. Doesn't make it right though.

Link:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22215-is-this-worth-it/#entry277275

I am willing to buy it for 2 reasons. 1. This guys Wife just passed away and he needs money. 2. He has been given the blessing by the original caster, and has openly stated it was a re-cast. With these 2 things, I would plung on it, and help a brotha out.. FISD head honchos, WDYT?

I am willing to buy it for 2 reasons. 1. This guys Wife just passed away and he needs money. 2. He has been given the blessing by the original caster, and has openly stated it was a re-cast. With these 2 things, I would plung on it, and help a brotha out.. FISD head honchos, WDYT?

It's your cash, and at least you know what you're getting. I just don't like it when those that don't know spend enormous amounts of cash on crap thinking it's great before coming over here and learning the truth. Jedi-robe anyone? How about $1200 for basically the same thing?

yeah... i agree with you... when i got the kit originally I thought it was an original.... i even had a discussion on here about how.. it HAS to be an original because of how the parts came etc... I was educated... but educated too late... I believe in honesty first... which is why i asked dale permission to sell them off first because i know how bad recasters are... and even purchased a kit from a really bad one... anyway he thanked me because no one ever asks... and he gave his blessing with the request that i do not say that they original FX kits.

i'm just selling these for $500 shipping included.. all parts are trimmed and sanded.... comes with all decals... strapping kit... with fees i may make 50 bucks on one but with shipping may loose on another... on ebay i may make more.... i really don't care anymore... I lost my best friend... doing this is just bringing me joy and makes a little bit happy to help keep what she wanted alive and feel close to her... it's not the BEST armor... but it meets standards when assembled correctly and fit to you.... look at my pictures.... she was so proud of me.... when i suited up for the first time.... and it was this kit... so to me... it is the best kit ever made.

Ive had people look at the armor... and as for quality... it's the best FX recast I have seen.. there are minor problems which are:

1. it's FX... not as accurate as others

2. it is all pre trimmed and sanded... which means all of the return edges have been removed.... some people like the return edges others cut them off...i prefer off

3. The belt is cut too short on the sides... the round button on each side is cut in half... this is fixed by using one of the buttons that comes with the kit and painting it white and putting it over that part.

4. The belt is plastic... i always tell everyone to upgrade to a fabric belt... i recently did.. and during that process fixed the belt ammo box with the button

5. the buttons that come with the kit are original FX size.. they are too big... ( use to fix the belt) but you may (depending on your GML) have to get new buttons or just paint them the grey and blue. Believe standards are to have just the correct color...

I have never once stated that the armor is 501st approved... i explain that there is no such thing as 501st approved anything... and that you must have have your armor fit to you... if you look at my auction on the bay... scroll down.. there is a Q & A section where i state this...

it would be easy to make money on this... but that was not what Mandy would have wanted... I want to call this armor FX-M and want to not make money.... yes i could not even afford a headstone for her.... people have donated to help... i want to take those donations and make the armor cheaper.... I want to get people suited up in a quality suit of armor just to troop for a good cause... Mandy believed in the cause... I think it would be great to have a scholarship ( the mandy project ) that when people buy the patch... the funds don't go to me like others suggested... but go towards helping to get into a FX-M kit.. they are good starter kits.... i love it... because she loved it... it was the last armor she helped me suit up in.... the last one she helped me build.... it's priceless to me.... and to me.... the first ever FX-M set of armor.

recast yes... but so is ATA.... it's a recast of a recast of an original screen used suit with permission right? well what's the difference... besides that ATA kits are more accurate... if people know upfront...

I own an ATA helmet... and my buddy has an ATA set.. the lines on mine are sharper... but again.. it's FX. some like it.... some don't.... i must admit.. i don't like the fx helmet...

mandy said she liked the fx helmet... we had an argument on me wanting to buy an ATA to be more accurate... i think she was more concerned about me buying more stuff really.

we were in the process of building her a TX i bought from dale... (AM kit ) but ATA helmet. i only wanted the best for her... she was so proud... it was good to see her smile again....

when were at the troops... she would talk about it for weeks afterwards...

how many of you were lucky enough to have your wives suit up next to you? we never got the chance..... except for one time at home when she took her application photos for her.

her Garrison... her friends... her legion family...... were her pallbearers... she was honored as a trooper... and she will never march alone.

Within certain limits it can. I understand and do like the fact that you stick up for you legion brother. It's what we do.

But to the topic; You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

I just want to add, this is a project he had planned prior to Mandy's death and he just needs to raise funds to pay for the funeral costs. Once the kits are gone, they're gone. He is doing his best to honor his wife's memory and no deception is intended.