Right Thigh Ammo Pack

Hi Dom,

---------

Also, here is a post about the curve:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22061-howto-trim-your-knee-belt-corners/page__hl__+thigh#entry276649

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hrm, we should probably kill those photos from the TUTORIALS section, that's not accurate to use a pop rivet, plus the sniper plate photo has a pop rivet.

The type of connection to be used on the ammo pack should be a split rivet or a cap rivet or even a chicago screw. The important part is that it has a solid head.

My build thread (below my signature) shows the process of heat bending the pack with popsicle sticks and how I attached it with the correct rivets. Don't forget, for accuracy It should be cap rivets.

Let me know if you need any other help Dom!

My build thread (below my signature) shows the process of heat bending the pack with popsicle sticks and how I attached it with the correct rivets. Don't forget, for accuracy It should be cap rivets.

Let me know if you need any other help Dom!

Thanks Carlos!!!

Alright, I have it traced out where I am going to cut! What do you guys think? What is the best tool to cut this with (Dremel, Knife, Scissors)?

Thanks!

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Looks good. I use scissors for mine, but you can use whichever tool you feel most comfortable with.

You might want to trim the top and bottom so it becomes flexible and line it up with the assembled thigh before you cut to make sure the pencilled corner of the belt extends into the right position of the thigh before you trim the corner.

Ok, so I cut it and placed it aganist my right thigh to see how it looks before I use the cap rivets. The only problem I seem to be having is when I match up the corners, there is a space on both sides between the ammo pack and the thigh. Do I need to change something? Thanks!

------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Looks good to me. Just pull it as tight as possible and rivet it in. the gaps are not noticeable beyond when you are right in front of it, and looking down at it.

Looks fine from my angle, Mathias may think differently. Just make sure it's tight enough against the rim of your thigh. It shouldn't move that much. I put a small piece of white velcro behind the front just to be sure it doesn't fall.

I aligned the middle one to match up with the cover strip. Adds a nice touch to define the line a bit more imo.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thank you guys for all of the help! I finally attatched it to the thigh!!! What do you guys think?

Thanks again!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13