What Does Your TK ID Represent

gmrhodes13

It's amazing the differences in picking ID numbers and how few where just a random number

It was actually a complaint from my wife, that there was no random number issued.. she didn't like having to choose one lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not have that many Numbers to choose from. I wanted it to Start with an 8 and it should have do something with my Birthday. So my Birthday is January 8th and so I choose 8981! :) And I like it.

Mine is one of my license plate numbers. About 10 years ago when I got my first Kansas Veteran's tag the lady pulled it off the stack and said "Oh, this one has 666 in it, let me get you a different one." I flashed a devilish grin and asked her "Why would you want to do that, that one is perfect." My wife responded with a sigh and a facepalm and I got my new plate.

I've actually had to pay extra over the years to keep it as it was originally a "truck" tag and it's gone from a truck to a car to a jeep and back to a truck again. You know... Because it's two keystrokes for them and I have to remove the sticker myself.

Anyway, they ran out of 4 digit numbers while I was doing my build and it seemed like as good of a number as any.

When my kit arrived I'd looked at the 5 digit list and set my heart on one particular number. Closer to the end of my build I looked again and that one had been taken so I had to have a rethink.

I considered using my birth date but it didn't look visually appealing. I have always liked Ambigrams so I decided on something with a rotational symmetry.

Since Bill & Ted's Excellent "Sixty-Nine Dude!" makes me laugh (coupled with the fact I'm a bit of a cheeky chappie) the number I picked, and was subsequently issued with, fits me perfectly. :)

Si.

I keep telling my hubby (soon to be a trooper) that he needs to find a number. He, of course, is cheeky too! He wants one similar to yours. And, a few years ago our teenager son had messed up his cell phone, and when his dad called the cell phone company they wanted the pin number. Well, we had company over playing cards and our teenager had to tell us in front of everyone that his pin # was "6969" and then he quickly told his dad "It's just a random number" Needless to say all of us adults giggled for hours on end (the beer might have been to blame, too) and the teenager didn't show his face again the rest of the night. So, now about once a week we still repeat the line: "It's JUST a random number!" We're awful parents... but we have fun. Stay cheeky my friend!

I keep telling my hubby (soon to be a trooper) that he needs to find a number. He, of course, is cheeky too! He wants one similar to yours. And, a few years ago our teenager son had messed up his cell phone, and when his dad called the cell phone company they wanted the pin number. Well, we had company over playing cards and our teenager had to tell us in front of everyone that his pin # was "6969" and then he quickly told his dad "It's just a random number" Needless to say all of us adults giggled for hours on end (the beer might have been to blame, too) and the teenager didn't show his face again the rest of the night. So, now about once a week we still repeat the line: "It's JUST a random number!" We're awful parents... but we have fun. Stay cheeky my friend!

lol What in the world is wrong with you, Jen?

Hehehe, thanks Jen, that's a great tale. :D

I printed the list of available numbers at the time and handed it off to my then 7-year old daughter giving her the power to "name the TK."

She started out picking a list of ten then put them in rank order of preference .. whatever caught her eye.

When I was approved I was assigned the first one on her list.

That number is burned into her memory .. she rattles it off as fast as she can say "Dad."

:)

My wife teaches swimming lessons for children and the original TKID I wanted was 7946 (swim). It was taken literally DAYS before my 501st approval (sigh). So, I went with 4796 (iSWM - "I swim"). Yes, there are other meanings for SWM, but they don't apply to me ;)

Ruby Rinekso of the ECG is a good friend of mine and the reason I joined the legion after 3 years of his pestering. His ID# is 1245 so I used a variation of his number for my own to honor him for getting me to join this amazing group.

Mine is the Pareto Principle - 80/20. Seems to apply everywhere, and I enjoy statistics, especially in enconometrics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

• 2 weeks later...

4 - 1 of 4 siblings, 4 members of my own family (daughter + 1 on the way in May)

27 - has been, always will be my favorite number for many significant reasons

10 - primarily due to the 5 digit number I had to choose, which is also the number I remember wearing for soccer as a kid when we won this big So Cal AYSO tournament thingy.