RS Prop Masters ANH Stunt Build

My goodies from Rob and Simon have arrived! :duim: I did cheat a little and asked them to build the bucket.

Now to the daunting task of putting this together properly.

Bowl of Cheerios was optional.

100_0289.jpg

Finally got around to uploading some pics of the progress. A little bit of trimming and test fitting some assorted parts.

100_0291-1.jpg

Look at all the extra plastic on that forearm :blink:

100_0290.jpg

100_0292.jpg

Torso is coming together nicely.

100_0296.jpg

Oh look, I finally broke something... :angry2:

100_0295.jpg

And this is where I'm currently at with the build.

100_0315.jpg

I'm waiting on finishing strips to start final trim and assembly of the arms and legs.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like you got all the parts needed the first time around...others were not as fortunate...congrats and have fun w. the kit!

Actually, they forgot to pack finishing strips and a couple of wire bracket which is what has me stalled at the moment.

STOP THAT BUILD!!!!!!

The forearms...all the detail is at the top. Line up from there and then just trim the bottoms.

Also the left thigh is a muddy-funster - on the bottom lip but at the top of the rim, line up the top of the 'triangle' front/centre. It will look crackers with odd bits at the top & bottom. The bottom will be covered bt the battery pack & you can cover the top to an extent wirh a strip.....it is accurate though.

If in doubt talk to Rob & Si

Awesome man!! I am building my PVC suit now too. Could you please post pics of your biceps. I am having some trouble trying to figure out how much return edge I should have on them. Also, do plan on heating and warping the butt plate to line up with the cod piece better?

looks great and a good fit too!

All you need to do is pull your thighs up a bit and your good as gold.

Agreed. Thighs all the way up. You don't want to expose your groin to blaster bolts. ;)

Awesome man!! I am building my PVC suit now too. Could you please post pics of your biceps. I am having some trouble trying to figure out how much return edge I should have on them. Also, do plan on heating and warping the butt plate to line up with the cod piece better?

I left a minimal return edge. Now that I'm looking at them I realize I need to do a little more sanding to get rid of the uneven radius.

100_0357_zps37915e5c.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, I purchased some abs material from Trooperbay and used that as an inner strip to get some assembly done. Unfortunately it doesn't match well at all to the RS PVC color so I can't use it as an external strip.

Edited by Kurtzmann