HOW TO: Pack Up and Carry Your Armor

So at first I wasn't sure how to carry my armor, couldn't find any boxes big enough then asking at my local garrison I found a lot of troopers use a suit case. Luckily enough I had one laying around, which most people do, so here is how I packed all of my armor in.

8kjKykF.jpg

So I tried a few combinations but this seemed the easiest for me. First I put the shins inside the thighs.

RDOEqOl.jpg

Next I keep all of the arm sections together and fit them insde the shins

Rn0m9JP.jpg

Next I open up the torso and fit both thighs inside

KRcnzFD.jpg

Next close up the torso and fit in the suit case

8JE7hs7.jpg

I then pack the shoes and smaller parts around the outside of the torso, helps to stop it moving around. You may notice in the bottom left corner there are a few tools, a container with snaps and elastic and also some duct tape, thought this would be good for an emergency fix kit.

W7arn9O.jpg

Next I have a towel to have a wipe down after trooping, perfect to wrap your blaster in and slip down the side of the torso

JXqhoq8.jpg

I try to keep the softer things on top, one to protect the torso and two as I will be putting them on first.

JV5Z9QT.jpg

I have a seperate bag for the helmet, fits in nicely

S54U9UN.jpg

Then all closed up and ready for transport

Tq0r9dQ.jpg

A quite cheap but effective way to get your armor to and from places

• Like 3

Almost forgot to add this item for my first troop, knew there was a reason I made my TD end caps removeable LOL

qOi9xSK.jpg

• Like 2

I use a 45 gallon tub with the armor stored exactly as you do. However my helmet is in the tub with the armor. I like your set up because with mine, things are a bit tight. Maybe I will try a suitcase and just carry the helmet separately. Another benefit of your method is that the suitcase will be easier to lug around than the plastic storage tub.

Here's how I have it.. just noticed my boots are not in the tub, they're normally upside down in the corners on the viewer's left side of the tub:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

The Stanley bins are the best! Everything, including boots, bucket, supplies, etc. fits perfectly with a little room to spare!

--------------

AND you can get a sweet custom nametag for it on the Legion boards! :duim:

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Those big boxes are great, if you have a van, or other oversized transport and don't plan on taking anyone else with you in the vehicle :)

My stanley box took up the entire back of my SUV, so it was useless if I wanted to take anyone elses gear/ I decided on the suitcase and separate helmet bag and now I have a lot of room. I can carry my costume, one other costume similarly packed and clothing and other things for an entire weekend away from home.

• 2 years later...

SUPER helpful. I was wondering how i can transport the gear. I just happen to have a spare suitcase. Should work until i can get a sturdier container, post armor purchase.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...