Adler Planetarium After Dark

gazmosis

On Thursday night January 17, 2013, The Midwest Garrison invaded the Adler Planetarium in downtown Chicago, Il for the Planetarium's "After Dark" Event. The theme this year was "Geek Chic"!We can't all post every event we attend, but these were two of the coolest pics you might ever see.

394895_10151386231699393_1969139876_n1_zpsa87ce1fe.jpg.920da148f23827155766eee19d106e19.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST. TROOP. EVER!!!!!!

I had more fun on that gig last night than I've had in a long time! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics! It was like one endless awesome photo op!

I missed you Gaz!

Looking forward to seeing my Garrison mates at the Annual Formal tomorrow! Geek Prom!!!

I'm so HAPPY I got to do this with the Garrison. Largest gathering of MWG Stormtroopers in a long, long time! We had two visiting troopers, MisterFett (Andrew) and thechosenhitman (Matt Frysztak) and it was what Carlos said; "a never ending photo op." This troop also saw Arturo wear his RS armor out for the first time! I've never seen so many GREAT photos at just one event...this one was all about the TK.

That said, when the photographer uploads the super hi-res ones...it will be Christmas again. Also remarkable was the number of screen TK's, out of the 9 (out of 12 who registered originally) TK's there was only one FX suit. Is that a sign of the times? Who knows, but it was awesome to see so much ATA, and AP out and about...including the RS suit!

Thanks to Gaza for the write up! (Wish you could've made it man!)

Mine is Beans' old FX with a new ATA helmet (and handplates). I got the suit last summer and have upgraded the FX with adding all the little rivet details on the ab plates and codpiece, got Vaderdave Ab buttons, TKittel canvas belt, TK4702 metal detonator clips. I still haven't split the lower back/butt into 2 pieces yet, and she has the shoulder straps riveted onto the chest and back plates, so I can't get EIB level out of it, but I honestly just wanted a beater TK suit to go out and troop with! This is actually my 4th 501st costume, so didn't feel like uber accuracy on it Just wanted to go troop!.....all the FX armor pieces fit perfectly right out of the tub with zero trimming. How many TKs can say that? ;)

The photographer did post a few pics, and says more coming later!