Does anyone else have a hard time getting the blaster in/out of the holster?

Just wondering...I have a Hyperfirm E-11, Blaster fits fine and snug. It's kind of difficult removing the blaster and putting it back in when I'm armored up, then snapping it tight.

Come to think of it I've never seen screenshots of TKs holstering their blaster...so maybe it's meant to be that way? :huh:

Is there an easier way to do when you're out trooping?

Thanks!

(Oh, and just realized I started two separate questions on this forum the same exact way...DOH!)

Edited by kevnaminute

Well, taking it out is a pain. The bottom of the holster isn't secured to your leg, so it's loose, which causes problems with a long holster and a long gun. Until your holster is really broken in, it takes a little jiggling or two hands to get it out.

Removing the E11 is not a problem.

Returning to the holster I struggle with it. even more so in my ESB config.

This applies to both my hasbro mod and Doopy full resin (each has its own holster).

And he struggles with it. ;)

A mate of mine just used a rubber mallet to 'soften up' his holster and it is a lot smoother now. It isn't as tight and the blaster slides in and out much easier.

Edited by Spectre

Yes, getting it out is the 2 hand part, until the leather softens or is softened, it can be a little bit of a struggle. Getting it in is easy enough, I tip it in at an angle to catch the wider front area and the rest just flows into the holster.

Having a good holster made to the right specs is important as well!

IIRC the only trooper who ever had a blaster in their holster is Han in armor. I never holster mine anyway because as you say it's a PITA and also I never want to be defenseless. :peace:

A trooper without a blaster in hand looks funny. I mean what are you going to do with your hands, you don't look as menacing as vader with his hands on his belt. So get that gun out trooper!

I love being able to holster and de holster my blaster on troops at will.

1f4ee6862afebe795851ed1b3faf0941.jpg

e66f4a33.jpg

I've also holstered it for tug of war rope pulls

Running and chasing kids

For holding other things..

0a3147e3.jpg

And

d5cca38dbf88875b477a4cd905707fc3.jpg

A good trooper needs to be prepared for whatever missions are presented to them ;)

A good trooper needs to be prepared for whatever missions are presented to them ;)

LOL, may be able to hit something with an arrow

2 hands

50% of the time I can unholster and holster it back with only my left hand. The rest of the time I look like a damn fool for failing at it and end up using both hands.

When I succeed at holstering my gun in one hand it doesn't impress anyone at all, but it just. feels. great.

You have to be careful. If you do holster your weapon, you are at risk of being compromised like was by this Rebel Lego Scum!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...

For holding other things..

0a3147e3.jpg

And

d5cca38dbf88875b477a4cd905707fc3.jpg

I thought this would go unsaid given the photos you posted...    Ya, given these examples i'd holster in   .001 second