Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

This is ammazing that we have  inspired folk to do art work of us in the concept/Prototype not just in photos but now painting's drawing's , what a very Epic time at the moment and more so when the McQ universe gets the  thumb :jc_doublethumbup: 's up for cleareance in to the 501st  :)

The reserve pilot never existed as anything more than a card in the SW card game. Yet it is an approved costume even when it is more or less identical to imperial crewman.

Exactly. Even the LMO who created it said it was a mistake of his. Personally I love the RP because it's the single worst costume reference ever, and sets a very low bar for anything else to be approved.

• Like 2

And, in my not so humble opinion, I believe this should be a Legion approved costume. The work that has gone in to it has been way above what has been on other approved costumes. The references are many, and has been noted there it is instantly recognizable.

I've recommended to Eric that everyone who was part of this get an FISD Achievement Medal for bringing to life this costume, as it really is a singular achievement who's impact is hard to over-state.

I submitted mine and have been told it is the first to receive official 501st clearance!!

This will be announced a long with a CRL shortly!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

A big congrats mate i know you have worked very hard to make this happen will be an honor to troop the MQ again and many more soon ;) 

Congratulations Gary on your approval, and to all the others that are sure to follow in the not to distant future!

There are at least two pics of the McQ Crew in the latest Star Wars Insider (October 2013).

I can confirm that 89Batman is the Legion's first approved Concept Trooper.

And, there were two more in formation just behind him.

I have created a "Stormtrooper: Concept Armor" CRL that is now online.

It is very bare bones right now,  so if there is a team already working on typing up the recomendations/ requirements, please contact me.

Nice work to all around.

I fully believe the acceptance of the concept characters, and now the physical reality of the troopers, is a monumenal moment for the 501st.

On a side note:

I would like to have the Legion Celebrity Liaison see about the possibility of contacting the McQuarrie estate, if only to show them

some photos displaying the suits and explaining that, for the first time in history, the concept troopers are now a living reality.

It is the first time... correct?

Did LFL ever get beyond sculpting the concept helmet that we see in the behind the scenes photo?

" I have created a "Stormtrooper: Concept Armor" CRL that is now online."

Where is this at? can you provide a link?

Can you confirm if the "MQ" has become the deciding ID letters to use?

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Where is this at? can you provide a link?

Can you confirm if the "MQ" has become the deciding ID letters to use?

Kevin W.

I would like to know as well since i will be starting to build mine in a few weeks

Edited by thechosenhitman

I'm guessing everyone has found it now, but if not:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

#4 on the list.

"Can you confirm if the "MQ" has become the deciding ID letters to use?"

Right now it islisted under TK because that is currently the only possible place that it can be.

Granting, or not granting,  an MQ designation will have far reaching effects, beyond anything relating to Stormtroopers.

Because of this, I am right now in the process of collecting thoughts on the subject, not only from the LMO team, but from all DL's.