Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

Say Kevin, that proposal you got for this armor, was it from a guy called Dave F.?  ;)

Timing just works out perfectly.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Just a little up date on the McQ Lazer Swords modded the end cap with a new found part ;) , and had to pay homage and have Mr McQuarrie incorporated on to the Sword ;)

All electrics being installed next week and final tweeking :)

post-12443-136929781633_thumb.jpgpost-12443-136929784118_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thats right Karin I want the Lazer Sword to have all its power genarated from the bottom with maybe some small flashing leds behind it , plus all the sound is going to be trough the engine ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That "Lazer Sword" looks amazing!!! The helmet looks great too.

I really like the the aerators and the center thing. I'd love to have those for my helmet.

Kevin W.

Just wanted to make a note that I only have a few more "DAYS" left to finish the sculpting and mold making of the rest of the parts. The sculpts I have shown, I have done some Vac-forming test pulls and I am happy with the test fittings. So it's down to the wire and I'm going to be putting in a lot of extra hours in to finish it all up!!!

Kevin W.

The dream is fast becoming a reality! This is and has been one of the most exciting projects in a long long time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Have to agree with Gary :jc_doublethumbup: , no words can explain Kevin that the RMQ Concept Trooper is going to be brought to life and not forgetiing paying homage to the man his self :salute: 

Ohh yes mine and Pete's work's sheds are ready and waiting ;)   

Just another up-date...

I got the detail around the Neck/Yoke done!!!

photo-385_zpse8be1208.jpg.099287f0358ed3a9327cece47649cae5.jpg

I am really loving the lower legs. I have to make 4 molds because there will be an inner and outer leg parts for the left and right side.

The front will be glued to a "support strip" on the inside. The outside leg will over lap the inside leg in the back.

The inner legs have the grove line that wraps from the front around to the back. The Outside legs only have the grove in the front and fades away on the side.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Thanks guys....

This is what the Yoke will look like. (The Yoke will bridge the Chest and Back together) The front part of the neck-seal will stay attached to the Yoke. The rear opened end of the Yoke will overlap the Back armor by one oval indention on each side. You will need to keep the rear part of the neck-seal attached to the Back armor.

I have not done a vac-fromed test pull of this part yet. I have a little bit more clean up to do first.

photo-386_zps24c1724a.jpg.e83a5384b6dd8814ca3109494531bccb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated