Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

awesome work kevin as i've looked at the drawing and the figure the the foot wear looks like shoes not boots on the figure you clearly see the grey undersuit going into the footwear and the footwear has no heel another idea is send the figure pics to crow62 his work is awesome and i bet he could make the footwear i'm 6ft 180lbs i'm not muscular but not uhhh padded lol i fit a sz 34 pants

Ā 

Crow62 owes alot of folk over at clonetroopers.net so thats a non starter .

Ā 

Boots

8476668497_1805ba9ae2_o.jpg

Ā 

here is a super size of the original print for anyone who would like it.

Ā 

8477758822_41dccb8ba4_o.jpg

Hey Kev. I remember mentioning this to you about a year ago. I am glad that you decided to go for it. Please count me in for a set if that is possible.

Ā 

Hey David

Mate you wasn't the first to try to piquƃĀ© Kevin's interest (and his phenomenal talent) in trying to bring this wonderful costume to life.

I know that there's a good few people out there who have tried over the years (myself included), I'm just pleased that all the planets have aligned , the heavens have opened and everything is in the right place and he's agreed that this time 'round it FEELS RIGHT.

Ā 

We all know that this is not a new idea, there's hundreds if not thousands of like mided souls out there who have all thought the same,

"Wouldn't it be BRILLIANT if you could get a set of McQuarrie armour?"

I've always felt that way, and that 'itch' was made even worse when I first started following the 'Work In Progress' pictures of Jason's (Skygunbros) beautiful concept helmet many years ago. And yerp!, there was no let up when I got my grubby little mits on one of his fantastic creations, that nagging, nagging craving feeling just-tahh kept on coming....I NEEEEDS it,....I WANTS it,.....can't you see I'm suffering HERE!!,....I'm Jonesing REEEEEEL bad, won't someone help?....anybody???

:D

Ā 

There is now a light at the end of the tunnel......and I can't wait to bask in all it's GLORY! B)

(can I get an AMEN!!!)

Ā 

:)

we shall all stand together and overcome our lack of faith!

Ā 

RMQ armor... oh lordy!

Ā 

rmqabdomendetails_zps927c75f9.jpg

Ā 

I would love to see the armor have this type of detail.

Ā 

it reminds me of the ab plate bottom on a tk.

Ā 

the top shoulder detail looks like a volume knob.

you can see the notch detail at the top of each circle.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Vern i like the fine detail on top of the abb under the chest for a RMQ Sandtrooper :duim: , but i dont see this on a RMQ Stormtrooper ;)

Ā 

it's from this image? would this be considered the "TD"?

Ā 

8476668497_1805ba9ae2_o.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Hey David

Mate you wasn't the first to try to piquƃĀ© Kevin's interest (and his phenomenal talent) in trying to bring this wonderful costume to life.

I know that there's a good few people out there who have tried over the years (myself included), I'm just pleased that all the planets have aligned , the heavens have opened and everything is in the right place and he's agreed that this time 'round it FEELS RIGHT.

Ā 

We all know that this is not a new idea, there's hundreds if not thousands of like mided souls out there who have all thought the same,

"Wouldn't it be BRILLIANT if you could get a set of McQuarrie armour?"

I've always felt that way, and that 'itch' was made even worse when I first started following the 'Work In Progress' pictures of Jason's (Skygunbros) beautiful concept helmet many years ago. And yerp!, there was no let up when I got my grubby little mits on one of his fantastic creations, that nagging, nagging craving feeling just-tahh kept on coming....I NEEEEDS it,....I WANTS it,.....can't you see I'm suffering HERE!!,....I'm Jonesing REEEEEEL bad, won't someone help?....anybody???

:D

Ā 

There is now a light at the end of the tunnel......and I can't wait to bask in all it's GLORY! B)

(can I get an AMEN!!!)

Ā 

:)

Ā 

Absolutely! I followed a similar path when I saw skygunbro's fabulous concept helmet. I am glad to know there are many more out there who want to see and wear this. it would make for one hell of a troop!

Stephen I think that is a great choice for making these Concept Lightsabers.

Ā 

OK so here is what the Forearms will look like. I still have to make 2 finished molds and correct the arms cut out near the elbow to be a Left and Right armor.

Ā 

Those that might know me, know that I am a little bit of a numbers guys. So I thought I would incorporate "1138" in the armor....

Ā 

On the long strip of rectangles there is a total of "11". "3" larger & "8" smaller rectangles. = "1138"photo-293_zps11e030ae.thumb.jpg.0fe39a60b91fdc1e65c627bba6fbe3e9.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Kevin i will take a Pair of 1138's ;) , mate they look fantastic and i really like how you have captured the detail on the wrist's and at the end of the elbow :duim: keep it comming sir this is such an awsome project to be involed with B) , and thank you for your comment on the flashlight , or should i say the MCQ concept Lazer Sword ;)

THX 1138 nice idea , im glad you did'nt use these numbers on the butt section we would all look a little bottom heavy.

Ā 

Ive been looking forward to these pictures from kevin and Steve with both sets turning this fantastic project away from just ideas and thoughts bring the pages of MCQ to life.

Ā 

Boots arive next week and will be sent out , second shield under construction.

Ā 

great stuff gentlemen.

Ā 

Arms ! The return edge will give the ring detail depth. Kevin do you not think the ladder detail runs all the way to the elbow without a step onto the end.?

Edited by stukatrooper

Thanks I'm glad you guys like the detail on the Forearms.

Ā 

What do you think the Biceps look like???

Ā 

1. Are they just a smooth cylinder all the way around???

Ā 

1a. Are they smooth cylinder all the way around and just have a slight dip for more room under the armpit???

Ā 

2. Are they smooth all around with a dip for the armpit and have a wide raised flat area on the outside of the arms???

Ā 

2a. If so would the flat width area be the same as the width of the raised long rectangles I made for the forearms? or wider???

Ā 

3. Are they smooth cylinder all the way around and only have a deep / cut out on the inner part of the elbow area so your arm can bend easier???

Ā 

3a. Are they smooth cylinder all the way around and only have a deep / cut out on the inner part of the elbow area so your arm can bend easier? And have a raised flat area on the out side of the arm and how wide???

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Blimy i think ive got my head round these choices lol ,and i think they are smooth all the way round but more oval than cylindrical with a small dip under the armpit. being oval will help the shoulder bell take shape and marry with the bicep.

Edited by stukatrooper

I'm asking because I see all the options I listed in various images. But the Smooth Oval all the way around I do see more of.

Ā 

I also like what the GG bust looks like with the wide flat area below the end of the Shouldebell. It would help tie the look together with the look on the back of the Thighs I made and I think it would help keep the shoulderbell in place.

Ā 

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Good call ,i also like the GG bust version ,it puts some real nice shapes on the arms . you can see from the death star trooper it very nearly looks flat on the outside.Seeing as its just you and me kevin on the vote, lets go for the smarter looking GG Bicep . I also think the shield would sit nice against the flat .

Ā 

Oh dont forget the small cut out on the armpit.

Edited by stukatrooper

I'll start on the biceps next week so that can give time for others to share some input. But I think making them look like the GG bust is a good idea, with the wide flat spot and the cut out dip for the armpit.

Ā 

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Unbelievable this is whats on the end caps of my vintage flashlights , ment to be ;)

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ā 

That's brilliant. Truthtastic!

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk