Who has ATA?

Alright quick history, when I first joined FISD I had already bought an FX kit from evil bay and after many troops and seeing better armors out there I have decided to replace it. Selling my armor to someone in my garrison. (They know the full history of it.) So I am looking at the different armors and I am seriously leaning towards ATA. Not just because of the price. Those of you that have the ATA what do you think of the wear and how it looks in person?

I have ATA and I love it. But I have nothing else to compare it with. I've trooped in it ten times including two parades and it has held up well. I haven't got into any imperial battles with it but I haven't exactly been delicate with it either. Fits me well, I'm 5'9" and around 210. I have a little trouble with my thighs pinching me because of short legs but everything else fits great.

As for looks, I think it looks awesome. One other guy I troop with was remarking on how sharp it looks. I haven't seen but one other TK and mine looks as good or better.

I say check the EIB and Centurion threads. Take a good look at their pictures to get a better idea.

All I can say is I'm very happy with ATA and would buy again if I needed another.

I have ATA but have not had any trooping in it as yet. It easy nice and sturdy, lines easy to trim and sand. You can get more screen accurate armor but for the quality and price you can't go wrong with ATA :duim:

I'm happy with my ATA, though since its my 1st kit, I don't have anything to compare it to. Its sturdy and fairly easy to construct. Some of the pieces don't line up precisely, but that seems typical of the kits out there. A little fine tuning took care of things. I'd get one again if I needed another kit.

Edited by Capt. Oveur

I have ATA and love it. Been to a few troops with it and everything is working just fine. If I ever wanted another suit I'd probably go with TM though. Nothing against my ATA but I've only heard good things about TM as well. Plus I could save for a lot longer.

I first bought a HIPS ATA kit three years ago. It was good, the difficult part was that it needed to be painted. My second ATA kit is made of ABS and I LOVE IT! Easy to assemble and no painting.

I am just trying to get a feel for how it wears. Pinch points, tightness, mobility, etc. Thanks for the replies!

I have a small frame so don't really have a problem so far with pinching, still need to attempt steps and stairs, that may be another story :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

ATA is awesome! Both my Sandtrooper and TK's are ATA. Its sturdy and accurate. Its perfect for trooping, price point and quality. in my opinion one of the best out there, in terms of costuming use and accurate looks. Are there more accurate out there? sure, but i think ATA holds its own great. Personally, i would only go with the more accurate suits (TM, RS) for displays.

I love my ATA kit! I think it wears excellent, but I think that would also depend on your build (yourself and armor) Once in a great while I'll get armor bite but it's usually from me messin around..I've been approved for a year and a half, done countless troops and it's still going strong! Very happy! Would definitely buy again for my Sandy :peace:

I have an ATA kit as well. A little work to build but for the price and looks you can't beat it. I jut finished helping a garrison mate build his ATA kit and about to start another ATA kit for another member. I would say the fit is better for someone in the under six foot range without modification. I'm 6'2" 180lbs. and the suit I just built was for a member that is also 6'2" the only thing will be working with the gap between the backplate and kidney plate. The new suit being built is for a member that is 5'4". Overall I'm very pleased with the ATA kit. Great customer service. Hope this helps.