Are you ever too old to Troop?

I'm 38 and for see trooping in my life for a long time. I have two daughters 7 and 6 the older is a jawa in the galactic academy and constantly asks me "daddy when do we get to do another starwars day" and the younger well she just wants to be Elsa. I got my wife into it as well and needless to say they all seem to tolerate my obsession.

Sent from my TK comlink via Holonet

Edited by spacebrew
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm 36 and just purchased my first tk uniform and looking forward to becoming a part of this family. i've been laughed at a great deal already by friends and family but it's not discouraging me at all. this is a life long dream about to come true and can't wait to get things started and trooping for as long as i can. we are all kids at heart and making our dreams come true. i for one love the support i've already received and would back anyone that wants to join up at any age.

• Like 1

Just turned 42 got into 501st about 6 months ago. Something I've wanted to do for a long time. Three kids. Maybe a bit of a mid life crisis. But I love it. Almost done with my tk kit and have pilot gear comeing next week. Once the buckets are on age is not a factor anymore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm 42 and just purchased TK armor for the first time after only lurking about a month. My wife thinks I'm nuts but my 3 kids love it!

Wait until they actually see and hear it in action! :D

Awesome post.

I got my Tusken approved in April and my TK is a couple weeks out. 

Last night, my daughter was complaining about her college classes and a big project she has to do this weeekend. She said that she doesn't like growing up.  I agreed and said that this 'being an adult' thing, isn't what I expected.  She snapped back, "You're not an adult! You're a big kid!".

I hit the big 5-0 this year.  Or is that Level 50?

42 And trooping my butt off. 2 costumes Approved.. 3 more to be approved in the next few weeks. Like most something i allways wanted to do. This year i finally pulled the trigger and did it. My wife was very supportive and so are my kids. And when wearing a bucket age means nothing!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 49 and I just joined the 501st as an Officer earlier this year and will start building my TK in just a couple of months. I remain as childish, I mean childlike as ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just turned 40 this year and have yet to order my first build!  I agree with quite a few of the comments here.  I think as you get older, the means to indulge in things you've probably always had bubbling away gets easier.  

I've just found that some of life's other "distractions" (travel in younger years, those first years with kids on the scene, buying a house, marriage.....all that stuff) kind of gets easier, lifestyle and income have stabilised and now allows for more luxuries.

Perhaps you also appreciate the importance of following your passions more, or doing the things you always wish you had up to this point, and don't feel you have the inhibitions you might have had.

And, just based on the calibre of people on these posts, it seems a bloody great community to be part of.

I'm drawn to the appeal to troop, to put a smile on people's faces, to impart the excitement I had as a kid onto today's youngsters.

We were there when the originals were being made - we deserve it.  We were the original fans.

And likewise, props to the younger troopers who show the respect to the older ones - I'm sure that's appreciated and valued.

So I don't think it's unusual at all mate to be 40+ and trooping, in fact, I reckon there's a heap of opportunity at our age to fully enjoy it!

• Like 1

I was 13 when ANH came out... but life got in the way for (more than a few) years.... military, travel, marriage(s), etc.,  so I plan on trooping for many, many years to come to make up for lost time.  If you ever see a TK using a white ABS cane, or a HWT with oxygen tanks instead of a pack doing a "Stormtrooper shuffle", that'll be me!

• Like 3

I was 13 when ANH came out... but life got in the way for (more than a few) years.... military, travel, marriage(s), etc.,  so I plan on trooping for many, many years to come to make up for lost time.  If you ever see a TK using a white ABS cane, or a HWT with oxygen tanks instead of a pack doing a "Stormtrooper shuffle", that'll be me!

As long as you can make the cane look like a T-21 or DLT-19, no one will ever notice!

BTW, thanks for your service to the country and now willing to serve the Empire! :duim:

Well I'm 52 and I'm new to this hobby but I've been racing RC boats nationally for 10 years now so you tell me ? I'm a big kid ? White Side has been a dream of mine since I was a child .