Are you ever too old to Troop?

41 and a father of two here and I'm just getting into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much the same here... 41 and a half and on the wait list for my first armor.

I think that there are a few things to keep in mind. The hobby is not a cheap one to get into, and the purpose behind the 501st is in support of charity. These are things that most people are not able to commit to in most cases until they have reached a certain point of success in life. I believe that tends to draw more of the physically older crowd.

Well, I will chime back in on my original thread. I'm 44 now, and I have my TK kit in hand (got on the list in January when I started this post, and received it in September!) It will probably be Spring again before I get this thing in any kind of trooping order, what with work, kids, etc. But I've squired a few events,and I fit right in as far as age is concerned. I will be 45 when I finally get to troop, but I'll be 8 at heart again when I do! Now back to my build....

Edited by DroidHunter

There was actually a poll made a few months ago about our ages. you can find it here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24466-how-old-is-the-typical-trooper/

It turns out as expected that the average age is around 40 and I believe the reason being that those where the ones who were lucky enough to see the original trilogy on the theater and grew up with the whole Star Wars madness. 

But heck if you can stand you can troop and if you can't you can simply trim your wheelchair and become a Sidious with a rolling throne  :jc_doublethumbup:

45  and have been part of the Carolina Garrison for 11 years.  Feeling a little sore form the Raleigh Christmas parade this past weekend, but still have no plans of stopping any time soon!

Thoroughly enjoying the posts, especially Gary's from Florida!

42 but might as well divide that by three for how I feel TBH.  

On the wait list for armour like a lot of you and also funnily enough my lad is now a bit older than the age I was when I first saw Star Wars and getting into it himself. Sod this growing up and becoming 'responsible' lark, I'm still an excited kid, just a bigger one than I was in 1977  :D

42 but might as well divide that by three for how I feel TBH.  

On the wait list for armour like a lot of you and also funnily enough my lad is now a bit older than the age I was when I first saw Star Wars and getting into it himself. Sod this growing up and becoming 'responsible' lark, I'm still an excited kid, just a bigger one than I was in 1977  :D

LoL... I'm totally, 100% with you on this one!

• 1 year later...

Greetings,  

Resurrecting an old thread here but I was worried about age.  

I was 14 when Star Wars IV, ANH opened.  Luckily, there was Regency 1 & 2 Cinemas within walking distance of my house.  As I went back 12-15 more times if I remember correctly.  After that first viewing I hid in the restroom for a second show.  I do remember the media at that time talking about all the multiple times people went to see that film.  Then, ANH was mind blowing space adventure that had never been seen before.  I know as a 14 yr old kid, I was blown away.

I am new here with a very progressive 'historical reenactor' background.  As such, I've a keen eye for small details.  This is my first, and last post for awhile as I've a lot of reading (research) to do.  

I've also initiated a Fett impression and member of TDH but discouraged by all the hyper-accurate Fett prop-makers retiring or not making kit anymore.  Ex; JP harness.  And that is why I'm here.  Stormtrooper is an equal favorite and the most iconic character of the franchise IMHO.  

I'm hoping super accurate Stormtrooper kit is still available.  Eventual 501st membership in the Midwest Garrison is a goal.  By the reading I've done today, it still seems plausible.

Best regards and happy trooping-

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but this was my inspiration to join this forum and start down the trooping path.  I'm a 12 year old trapped in a 44 year old body.  I look forward to the journey!

I was 47 on the 25th of April this year, I still remember standing in line with my brother to go see Star Wars (saw it twice on the same day), talked about it all the next day in school, then ran around pretending to be a Stormtrooper at break times.

38 years later and I am about a month away from my first set of armor..........feel like a 9 year old again :)

I sure hope not, will be 52 this year and my son and I are about to begin this adventure together...

He started talking about wanting to build Scout Trooper armor last year.

He did all his own research and decided on Studio Creations armor.  We got him the helmet for Christmas.

He is piecing the rest of the soft parts and will likely get the rest of the hard armor for Christmas this year.

My armor fund is about 80% there, hope to order my ANH TK Stunt armor from TM in a month or so.

My son is not really into sports or tinkering with cars so I jumped at the chance to do this with him.

Hope to start our build thread here by June. The more we talk about it, the more I find myself feeling like a kid again :)

Got my Hyperfirm E-11 recently and it is hard to resist walking around with it making "pew pew pew" noises :)

1RltYGm.jpg?2amYMLlN.jpg?2

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image Links

• 2 weeks later...