Are you ever too old to Troop?

IM 33 and :salute: all the Vets. I was not even a born when ANH came out, and to be honest can really remember when I saw it, I know I did (lots) probably at friends houses. I always loved HAN, and connected with the "Use the Force "place my name here"! lines, But I ALWAYS thought Storm Troopers and Scouts were the coolest! To find out I had acess to be something like a TK (im TX) was good enough for me. Now my Toy collecting of Actions Figures has now become Making me an Action Figure! I will never be too old for any of this, and will be like this till im 6 ft under.

I remember seeing ANH in a drive in theatre when it first was released, now heading for 48 this year and I finally am a stormtrooper. Don't think it matters how old you are if you take pleasure in kitting up.             

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

42, married, father of 2

Just a few months in and cannot foresee a time where I would not thinks its a good idea to kit up for charity. Though at some point I am sure a TK might be too difficult to wear (knee and back issues).

Sounds to me like I'm in the perfect group here. Age would not have stopped me, but its great to see so many people in the same age range sharing the same interest. My wife is going to kill me when she finds out I put myself on a waiting list for armor, but I'll turn her around. :D If I got her to dress up a Batgirl 2 years ago, I can find a way to get her into this. Now I have to come up with something for my son.....

• Like 1

Sounds to me like I'm in the perfect group here. Age would not have stopped me, but its great to see so many people in the same age range sharing the same interest. My wife is going to kill me when she finds out I put myself on a waiting list for armor, but I'll turn her around. :D If I got her to dress up a Batgirl 2 years ago, I can find a way to get her into this. Now I have to come up with something for my son.....

Ewok or a Jawa!

I too saw ANH at a drive-in theater waaaaaay back in '77 with my parents and have been hooked ever since. In fact, my name on my race car is flanked by the American flag on one side and the Rebel logo on the other. Of course now I have to change that to an Imperial Cog! But since I started racing its been there :) But I say you're never too old to have fun!

I too saw ANH at a drive-in theater waaaaaay back in '77 with my parents and have been hooked ever since

My Dad had snuck me out of the house after my brother went to sleep as he was too young and he didn't want him to spoil my experience, to this day my brother doesn't know lol. Funny how my brother is not that much into Star Wars :laugh1:

I saw ANH ij thetres when i was 6 going on 7...Now, im 41 going on 16 :P Dont plan on stopping until i physically cant do it anymore :)

Old sarge is in Carida i believe, and is, i think, in his 70's like Matt said early in this thread. I've trooped with him, he is super cool.

I agree with many of the comments posted... like being older means this hobby may be easier to afford, and that we are all young at heart. I am still fairly young (31) and I hope to troop for decades to come!

33 years old, Married with 2 kids. My daughter is 2 years and my son is 7 months. I'll encourage them to watch the movies when they get older. My daughter was Princess Leia this past Halloween. She chose it, after seeing her on tv when I was doing some research for my build.

I was 5 when "ANH" hit the big screen, and 38 when I got approved..lovin' every minute of it! Always wanted armor since the Tantive boarding party! :smiley-sw013: I think do what makes you happy, no matter what your age is! Even though I'm 40 now..I certainly don't feel like it, still feel so young :peace:

51 and still having ton's of fun making stuff and trying to lose weight for a better look in my armor.

if I didn't have this hobby I'd probably be much less healthy!

I'm 41 and a father of 2. Now that I've got the resources to follow through on a 35 yr old love for the stormtrooper I will be starting a TD build soon.

Your never too old and it's never too late to follow a dream or desire...we are a Star Wars and video game generation and age probably won't change that. Have fun with it...get in character and find those droids.

Boy doin`t I feel old ! "not", i have read all the posts & I agree that you are as old as you feel. That being said I have been into costuming for the better part of my life, playing " Pirates", "mummys," "crash dummys", even "the Grinch" & "lord Vader", this all was for the enjoyment of friends,relitives, schools, car shows, & local entertainment parks. I was in the work force for over 40 years. Me & my family have been vacationing & going to the Disney Parks since the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, then moved to FL. in late 1981, & we saw the openings of " EPCOT", then at that time "MGM Studios" you no it as "Hollywood Studios" where my son & i first saw "Star Wars Weekend" & got hooked. he was only a boy at that time, but now he is a man & we are proud members of the 501st. Legon, Makaze Squad. Our first troop as members was Staw Wars Celebration VI, then we have trooped over twenty events since. I have had the best time, & have made so many freinds from all over the world. I will keep doing troops until i can`t suit up. (TK) & hope to see you this year at SWW 2013.. if you haven`t guessed yet my age is 67 years young and going strong.. What keeps me going is the great freindships i have made within the Legon.. All I can say is Thank You for letting me be a part of this experince.

• Like 1

I'm 52 and I have 2 grown up kids and 2 little grandkids - as the others have said trooping helps to keep you young (I still feel 18 in my head) - Still a newbie at this having only been with the UKG and 501st for about 10 months but started work on my second costume already - Since we have have been a part of this fantastic organisation we have met so many new friends and had nearly 20 great troops! We have fun, help charities and bring smiles to kids faces so we will carry on trooping as long as we can! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...