Need a little help choosing armor...

I wanted to know what people thought about the 2 armors i narrowed it down to..What one they preferred more..

First is AM , second is ATA... I'm 5'11" 170lbs..

I originally thought Am because it's trimmed already ???

Please post any comments you might have for me.

Thanks BOB

Edited by BOB-O

Any screen accurate armour would fit your size. Chances are that even if you could get a white AM set you'd still need to trim it because it'll most likely be too big for you.

The answer to your question is personal preference.

I can only answer with my journey that started in Feb. I went with AM because it would fit me and I didnt know much about accuracy at the time. It was white plastic that looked like a Stormtrooper to me. I build my kit and was approved in July.

Since then I have replaced the AM chest and back for RT-Mod parts because of how squared and chunky the AM parts are.

If I could do it all over again, I would have saved up some more money and went with RT-Mod or emailed my measurements to Troopermaster to see if a his kit would fit with my body type. This is all based on looks alone. Once you spend hours looking at photos and building, many folks are bit by the accuracy bug and want to look exactly like what you saw on the screen. AM is not accurate.

If I were to pick a kit based on looks between AM and ATA.... Go with ATA.

If you end up finding some AM armor somewhere, dont get the helmet. Go with an ATA helmet.

Hope, that helps you buddy.

The AM kits dont come with helmets anymore anyway. I went with AM cuz I like the cleaned up/ symmetrical look, it was more affordable for my budget, and there was no waiting list (though my armor is black so there isn't much demand as the white). If you read pandatroopers AM build, he shows how to trim everything to size. The chest plate, cod, and thighs are the hardest to get right with this kit but it was with the effort for me with the custom fit. I can even sit down and climb stairs :)

ATA is a good choice, it was my first armor, found it easy to work with. Downside there is a long wait as it is quite popular but most of the time you can purchase your helmet first as they normally have them in stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a long delay on my part with deciding what armor...I decided to get AP Armor/Helmet set up...I put a down payment and hope to have it in a few weeks or so...Now,my other problem is what to build...I really like sandtroopers and stormtroopers so i'm up in the air.......A sandy may be a bit more money so i'm leaning more on a stromtrooper..

I chose ATA and I love mine! Pretty darn easy to work with and looks great! But like a couple of the guys said before me, while your waiting start getting all the rest of the gear you need to complete your TK..boots, blaster, gloves..etc. Sandtroopers are way more expensive because of all the accessories..pack, BFG,pouches, pauldron..those add up pretty quick! And one thing that helped me was do your homework, study the build pics, approval pics, screen shots etc. All will help when you get your big brown box full off white armor in the mail. ;)

Then i can work on something while i wait.. :smiley-sw013:

Ahhhh yes the torture of the wait, well you have time to collect all the little bits you need ie: snaps, elastic, sandpaper, a dremel and so on. While you have some time have a read of the EIB and Centurion requirements, there is not that much extra work to do just a few different things to purchase and just a bit more accuracy. I found it so much easier to build straight for Centurion standards rather than building and converting to each level. FISD is trying to get to 100 Centurions and would be great if you came on board, have a read and see what you think. Don't forget there are blasters to build too, I got a bit carried away 2 x E11's, 1 x DLT-19 and a T-21, kept my mind off waiting for armor lol Good luck and hope to see a build thread soon.

Ahhhh yes the torture of the wait, well you have time to collect all the little bits you need ie: snaps, elastic, sandpaper, a dremel and so on. While you have some time have a read of the EIB and Centurion requirements, there is not that much extra work to do just a few different things to purchase and just a bit more accuracy. I found it so much easier to build straight for Centurion standards rather than building and converting to each level. FISD is trying to get to 100 Centurions and would be great if you came on board, have a read and see what you think. Don't forget there are blasters to build too, I got a bit carried away 2 x E11's, 1 x DLT-19 and a T-21, kept my mind off waiting for armor lol Good luck and hope to see a build thread soon.

Thanks...I will be doing a Centurion..I have everything i need for it..Hovi tips,rubber hand plates,Hyperfirm blaster with D ring ,etc...My armor should be very soon..I have a member from my local Garrison ready to help me too..I will also be Hand Painting my bucket too...The torture is an understatement...