ATA helmet question

Working on my first helmet and have two little questions...

First, I was just reading the 501st helmet requirements and it says that there should be 8 cut out teeth... Mine only have 7. Did I miss something?

TSB5vZE.jpg

Second, my ATA kit two extra screws, washer and bolts that I have clue what they're for? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Five lines four spaces...

It depends on how you look at it. Your helmet is the correct stunt type with 8 holes between the teeth. I guess if you are counting teeth when you consider when it's painted there are 9 teeth including the small ones at the end..

Don't have an ATA so not sure on the parts question.

Happy building...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The teeth are correct, you do have 8 openings cut out. I have an ata helmet and recived 6 screws, two go on the top side of the ears, one on the bottom of the ears. If you have any left over then you have spares LOL

frowns in the films were so vastly different I don't see how it could matter mathias?

some even have joker style flip... some square off.

it's really a toss up!

Frown is correct. When they say 8 teeth cut out, they mean 8 holes cut between the teeth. I always kinda thought that may confuse some.

the screws...

2 (the short thicker silver ones)are to attach the faceplate to the cap-n-back (this is instead of using Rivets)The other 6 (thin longer brass ones)are for the ears as mentioned. 2 on the main "ear" one on the bottom. duplicated on the other side.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Frown is correct. When they say 8 teeth cut out, they mean 8 holes cut between the teeth. I always kinda thought that may confuse some.

the screws...

2 (the short thicker silver ones)are to attach the faceplate to the cap-n-back (this is instead of using Rivets)The other 6 (thin longer brass ones)are for the ears as mentioned. 2 on the main "ear" one on the bottom. duplicated on the other side.

Exactly as he said......!

On 1/3/2013 at 10:38 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

frowns in the films were so vastly different I don't see how it could matter mathias?

some even have joker style flip... some square off.

it's really a toss up!

I have seen plenty of different frowns, but yet a single one that squares off like that.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

So many threads over the last few days with variations seen on screen, but at the end of the day there has to be a baseline for people to be approved by, in this case I agree the frown should have the tapered (pointy) ends, it just finishes off the look :duim:

On 1/3/2013 at 3:41 PM, Locitus said:

I have seen plenty of different frowns, but yet a single one that squares off like that.

-------------

a lot of those frowns are unbalanced, many have 5th tooth painted, stuff like that is really wonky!

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That was an advice directed to Kevin and well based on enough material to back it up. No point shooting down the advice, then we'll just tell people to stop finishing their costume just because some looked terrible on screen.