RS Propmasters "Pugman" background stunt/promotional/snowtrooper resin blaster

rhapsodyred99

Hey all just wanted to put up a few pics of the RS Propmasters cast from the famous Pugman background blaster in ESB.

This is the raw resin prior to any clean up/painting by me.

I will do very minimal clean up as the Pugman blaster was a pretty rough cast thing meant for the background shots in ESB and I do not want to ruin the lineage.

I will say this seems to be a very good cast and the resin feels nice and solid, but I would be wary of trooping with it, as the trigger guard, selector switch, and the Y of the stock seem a bit fragile for general trooping. I may be wrong as I am comparing the feel of the resin to the feel of the Doopy Doo resin.

I plan on this being a display piece to sit on the shelf next to my Real Sterling and the PP "fishpond" lid I also got from RS, so it works great for that. Since I can not possibly afford real props I love getting my hands on great casts of the real thing!

Anyway here are a few pics prior to paint:

qXAmPHV.jpgjCXSX8g.jpg

Hey Frank...

thanks for sharing...

but I would rather buy a doobydoos and upgrade this in a pugman blaster with the corresponding parts, then I have a beautiful ESB stunt blaster.

But ok, the pugman already looks like "c....p" ...that's another story ;)

That's only my opinion.

Edited by DarthChridan

On 1/3/2013 at 6:42 AM, rhapsodyred99 said:

Yes I agree the Pugman blaster lookes rough as a cob as they say down here in the south!

I take no offense in honest opinions :salute:

Like i Wrote...I know the pugman blaster....and it's really :vomit-into-the-toilet: and like Stefan wrote...for the snowies :P:D

Well, this is all a matter of taste...not more ;)

But nevertheless have fun with it :)

• 5 weeks later...

A superb rough stunt blaster just arrived: RS Prop Masters ESB Replica Stunt Stormtrooper Blaster Limited Run. LOVE IT!!!

From RS Prop Masters Facebook page: The iconic E-11 stunt blaster from ESB, created from the original 'Pugman' blaster, direct lineage, it doesn't get any better. A must for ESB Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers. Limited to 10.

fHjBLHA.jpg

More info on RS Prop Masters Facebook: https://www.facebook...14729332&type=1

Im about to add the clear plastic inserts to the scope, seems on the pics of the original that the smooth side of the plastic is actually facing in to the scope , were as it seems all replicas ive seen seem to have the smooth side out,

Iyt seems logical that the smooth side would be the exposed side, but is this actually the case, we all know that logic doesnt come in to prop making

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the shots of mine painted with semi gloss black.

No I'm really not that bad of a painter!  The cast is just nice and rough as is fitting of a "quick and dirty" background stunt blaster.  I did no clean up of the mold what so ever, since I wanted it to look as wonky as the one the mold came from.  I did drill a hole in the end where the real Pugman has one for the barrel.

muc3hQ7.jpg

PhJuw7Y.jpg