Expert Infantry Application Guidelines

Expert Infantry Application Guidelines

Creating Application Post

• Request 501st membership status
  • Create new post in the Request Expert Infantry Status forum
  • Format the topic title as follows: TK0123 requesting COSTUME_NAME EIB status [ARMOR TYPE]
  • List the mandatory costume information below ,which should include a link to your approved armor (501st record)
  • Put photos directly into the post

Photo Guidelines

Size: Photo size larger than 800x600 (preferably 1280 x 960) to allow the DO to see your armor's details. 1024x768

Lighting: Try to take your pictures with good light. Direct sunlight is not good, as it gives hard edges. Using flash is also bad, as it creates too much contrast, colors turn out weird and will concentrate light on one point. You can put yourself next to a window during the day to get a nice indirect

lateral light, without the need to use flash or additional light sources.

Photo Background: Try to use a neutral color such as medium grey or tan. Too dark or too light backgrounds are problematic. The white armor parts or the dark underarmor parts tend to blend with those backgrounds. Try to use a solid color or simple background. Do not use white or red backgrounds.

Framing: Ensure the full body photos contain both your boots and the top of the helmet. Try to reduce the amount of space between your body and the edge of the photo. Ask the photographer to zoom or step close enough to allow you to fill up the photo with as much of you as possible.

Inserting Photos - Post your photos directly into submission post. If you are unsure how to do this, read this tutorial or ask on the forum. Do not put link to the photos in your request.

* Note: if a particular detail noted in the CRL is not clearly visible, the applicant may be asked to provide additional photos.

Application Photo Checklist

Click on image to download PDF.

EXPERT INFANTRY PHOTO CHECKLIST.pdf

Sample Costume Information

Mandatory Information

• Armor = Armor Maker
  • Helmet= Helmet Maker
  • Blaster= Blaster Type
  • Link to your approved armor(501st record)

Optional

• Height = Your Height
  • Weight = Your Weight
  • Boots = Boot Maker
  • Canvas belt = Belt Maker
  • Hand Plates = Hand Plate Type
  • Electronics= Voice Electronics Maker
  • Neck Seal = Neckseal Type/Maker
  • Holster = Holster Maker

Sample Application Photos

Armor Photos

Full Body Front

JohnBlackk_Front.jpg

Full Body Back

JohnBlackk_Back.jpg

Full Right

JohnBlackk_Rightup.jpg

Full Left

JohnBlackk_Left2.jpg

Right Side Detail

JohnBlackk_RightDetail.jpg

Left SIde Detail

JohnBlackk_LeftDetail.jpg

Action Photo

Full length action poste (blaster included) PLEASE use a contrasting background

ckr5QuS.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

Gjb4xup.jpg

Left Side

nUIzsTS.jpg

Righ Side

rzVlAvf.jpg

Back

4oLzoiz.jpg

Hovi tip detail

kjGKSWZ.jpg

Lens color (Backlit if necessary)

89400-cent-25.jpg

Accessory Photos

Ammo belt

0AbYdoK.jpg

Neckseal

4QtJ3Ae.jpg

Blaster left side

xXFKDbG.jpg

Blaster right side

lRYwmFf.jpg

Thermal detonator back

pmsrqO7.jpg

Thermol Detonator Front

6y3V9dH.jpg

Optional

Interior Strapping

UCHoEBf.jpg

Abdomen Detail

blILPFN.jpg?1

• 1 year later...

So this is about how many pix, and the likes of these pix, is how its done, show the armor off this way ??? let me know I am interested in getting EIB status thx guys

Yes....this is how an application should look like. Follow off the checklist that you can download and print off so that you apply correctly the first time and have submitted the required pics. Also, post each picture directly into the thread by using a photo sharing program like photobucket. Don't post a link to your photos....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am ready to submit for EIB but I cannot post in the thread. I have tried the link to gain access but the link is dead on my end.

That's because you haven't done step 1 in this guide yet.

• 5 months later...

HELP....I have done all the steps to post for EIB but when I do it says.."You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."  All the photos are jpegs from Photobucket.

HELP....I have done all the steps to post for EIB but when I do it says.."You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."  All the photos are jpegs from Photobucket.

Make sure the link you paste into the forum actually ends in .jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have to have a blaster to submit for EIB?

Yes. Only if you live somewhere where it would be illegal to own a prop blaster would you be except.

• 5 months later...

How much are we allowed to trim from the rear top of the lower leg armor, and still meet EIB and Centurion. Also, on the wrist side, inner and outer return edges, if we cut those off, but left the elbow side of the forearm armor alone, does it disqualify us from the Centurion level?

Chris

Anchorage

A lot of it will depend on your height, Chris.  If you look at some of the Centurion submission photos http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/they will give you an idea of what to do as far as how to trim them.  Since some Troopers are taller/shorter than others, the amount will vary, but as long as you follow the the existing curve, you will be fine,  Don't worry about the return edges on the back (or front) of the thighs, as these are not required for any level.  As for the elbows, remove all return edges.  You will be much more comfortable as they will not dig into you when bending your arm and allow you a greater range of motion.

• 2 months later...

hi, I tried, to post my request for the esb, but tells me, that I have no permissions, who should I ask? my ID is TK30977

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The basic 501st clearance is done by your Garrison GML. This gets you your tkid and means you can troop.

For levels 2 (EIB) and 3 (Centurion) you apply here at the detachment.

So yes you will need to “reapply” here but most pictures for EIB will generally be covered by what you used for basic.

Have a look at the relevant CRL to see what exactly you need to show.

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Etrooper70 said:

Submitted a couple days ago and no-one has responded to my post - who should i look for a response from?

It can take some time so please be patient, someone will be with you soon, remember we are all volunteers who take on these rolls and real life can take preference ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, TK 33773 said:

Tk33773 request EIB

Armor Master /dave Conklin build https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzXvsV

Hi Chuck,

To apply for EIB you will need to follow the instructions in the first post.  It can be helpful to look at a couple of recent EIB passes to see the format in action and also double check your suit before application.