Movie FX Armor build

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this in person, and also brought my doopy kit with me. It is most definitely a doopy kit, even the serial numbers match. The resin is the same as well, it just looks a little different in the photos.

It wasn't specified if this was cast by MFX or if it was a kit he is reselling. I had never seen a doopydo up close, so I didn't even think to ask about it. I was just told if was cast from A New Hope prop. The kit is nice though, but I can't say for sure about the linage, but the serial number does match up to a doopydo.

@ Karin

Yes, it is the normal Doopy kit. Not recasted only reselled.

MFX has his own ANH suit. You can ask Dennis Hahn or r2Dan. They know about the MFX ANH suit and can confirm that it isn`t a rs recast.

Where are your false informations from?

A shame to read such aspersions here.

Edited by TK-50101 Blue Snaggletooth

So, are you Dennis or MFX or what?

Ā 

One moment you say MFX has his own suit, then you say to ask dennis and talk about your MFX suit, I'm confused.

Movie FX was always recast armor (until recently TE).

Ā 

It was proven a few months ago that they now are using RS parts for their current armor.

Ā 

I have no proof of their Blaster kit, but unless they don't charge at least the double of a doopydoos kit, I seriously doubt thy're just resellers.

It was proven a few months ago that they now are using RS parts for their current armor.

Ā 

Proven? How? Which parts? Don't agree with you. I know the two suits. Haven't found a part on the ANH MFX suit which seems to be recasted from the rs suit.

Tell me which parts and I will drive with a ANH MFX Kit to Dan&Dennis and make photos laying next to the rs parts.

Yes I know Alex and Sarahs suit. I had this suit before them. And what Paul said isn't right. No rs Trooper will ever tell the same as Paul because the ANH MFX is totally different from the rs.

Yes I know Alex and Sarahs suit. I had this suit before them. And what Paul said isn't right. No rs Trooper will ever tell the same as Paul because the ANH MFX is totally different from the rs.

Then you likely have the older version before MFX recasted RS.

Hey, I dont think even that its a RS recast, one thing is the left leg for example

On My photo you can see the MFX left leg, before I cut it. watch the upper part its difrent then RS.

You can see it on the other picture the legs are 100% no RS recast.

ii9izm7r.jpg

Ā 

And here a RS picture, I hope its OK to link this.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Ā 

The Stunt Helmet is eaven compleatly different, it looks more like a Return of the Jedi Helmet and no ANH RS recast.

Ā 

Greetings Alex

Edited by Opi Wan

I will be settling this in another thread, placed in the junk yard since it's ultimately a recast discussion.

Ā 

Today I took detailed photos of a RS PVC suit (new, untrimmed) a 1.5mm TM ABS suit (fully built) and a 2-3mm HIPS MFX (mostly built) suit.

Ā 

Detailed photos comparing the three and my take on each piece. Having seen all three suits, which I would buy if I did it all over again.

The rest of the discussion can be about whatever, as long as I get to say my peace. :D

Also remember that not all parts of the suit have to come from RS. It's not impossible that some are RS and some are AP for example.

Ā 

But yes, more pictures is always better.

OK, NOBODY MOVE, THIS IS A HIJACK!! :) no, really to everyone out there, thank you for all the input, help and advice. But Dday is right, this has turned into a recast discussion now. I am interested in learning more about all this, and even throwing my own opinions about it all, but that is for another topic. I will continue to update this post with pictures of the build as I finish it up, and will want advice and critique especially as I finish up the paint job, since I have to be difficult and don't want stickers. Well, if they were scratch and sniff that would be ok. :) again, thanks everyone, please do not take this as anything hostile, it is not, just time to move to another thread, and I can continue on with this topic. Please follow along as I work on my RS PVC suit as well, I will be asking for all kinds of thoughts, opinions, and critique all the way on that one too. Again, thanks everyone!! And to you Dday for all the support and help!

See the following thread for comparisons and detailed photos and we can get back to R2troopers regularly scheduled program.

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23013-comparing-moviefx-germany-rs-propmasters-uk-and-troopermaster-uk

AND NOW, BACK TO OUR PROGRAM! :smiley-sw013:

Ā 

Ok, well, it's not like I don't have enough to do in my life, working full time, about 11-12 hours a day :( Having a wife, two animals, and now to builds going!! I might need a padded room here soon. So anyway, I am now working on the paint job for my MFX lid. I could to the stickers, but hey, that would be too easy now. So looking at a few different tutorials out there and some you tube videos. I decided I would go with the black first, then put the grey over top. The cheeks were already painted grey when I got the new lid, so I did a black outline on those. I also finifshed up the frown too. I did get some paint on my fingers, and of course on the lid, but like you guys said, paint thinnner worked great.

Ā 

Now on with the show:

First up: HAPPY FROWN

DSC01930_zps7a5adb05.jpg

Ā 

Some early work:

DSC01931_zps35bd8001.jpg

DSC01932_zpsf499c6a0.jpg

DSC01933_zpsa0646738.jpg

DSC01934_zps777de3af.jpg

DSC01935_zpseb0dc127.jpg

Ā 

Thats not pin striping, thats the Death Star Trench!!!

DSC01936_zpseabf3578.jpg

DSC01937_zps8714505b.jpg

DSC01938_zps63979c6a.jpg

Ā 

So some more touch up work. I have a feeling the original lids did not take this long to paint :(

DSC01939_zps9818dab8.jpg

DSC01940_zps1e86d5cc.jpg

DSC01941_zps367d7bac.jpg

DSC01942_zps836dd0e8.jpg

DSC01943_zpsee667a35.jpg

DSC01944_zps3db94131.jpg

DSC01945_zpsff22e1eb.jpg

DSC01946_zps1bbf50b4.jpg

DSC01947_zpsfeaac5e2.jpg

Ā 

Please let me know what you guys think. In some of the pics, it looks like there are runs in the paint, I cannot see them with the naked eye. I think it is just how the camera is cathing the light. Tomorrw, I will go back and one final thin coat to try to even everything out and get rid of the few bruch hairs that were left behind.

Edited by R2trooper

• 6 months later...

I wondered the same.

Ā 

But no, he is not licensed to sell a stormtrooper, I am pretty sure that there is one company who sells licensed TK's, and he is not it. I think he got in with the Ecco gear he was selling.