Superglueing elastic

Okay, I've always used poppers/fasteners to attach my kit together but this time I'm doing the spit 'n sawdust superglue as seen in these pics from a mate's armour below.

The question I'm asking is what is the best & safetest way to supergle elastic? Just how does one apply the pressure without the glue seeping through and glueing whatever you're using to apply the pressure???

Especially with regard to the tensioned strap shown below accross the bottom of the shoulder bell :wacko:

cgyZARs.jpg

U9Zx9gS.jpg

I dont use superglue, I use e6000, and lots of it as it creates a rubberised encasement around the elastic. Having just had to rip some of this off my armour I can definetly say it isn't going to come off in a troop.

I also found it doesn't actually seep through, so I just use normal g clamps to hold it in place.

E-6000 for the should bell strap and a clamp to hold it down worked just fine for mine. Btw, the shoulder straps that under the ribbed bridges are supposed to be white. ;)

Another vote for E6000 and clamps. :)

CA glue (i.e. super glue) dries rigid. It's good for holding two non-porous, non-flexible materials together, but will not hold well with elastic (which is obviously flexible).

Stay away from the superglues. Not forgiving and impossible to remove if needed. I have already within just a few months of building my armor have had several small instances where something needed to be moved, adjusted or changed and none of this would have been possible had I used superglue. Stay with the E6000. Super strong when cured and easy to remove cleanly when needed.

On another note. I have seen plenty of folks glue the elastic directly on the plastic but after having a few straps overstretch and pretty much lose some of their elasticity, I have to say that with snap plates and snaps on the elastic, replacing the worn straps is a breeze and doesn't risk damaging the armor.

Just my 2 cents. :duim: