AP too small for my mellon!

Well I just spent about 8 hours fitting the ears on my new AP helmet. I now know the term "fear the ear!" It was alot of work to get them to fit with minimum gap but I think they fit pretty tight now and the helmet looks just awesome! So once it was fully together for the first time, I of course wanted to try it on. OOOPS! Can't get it over my ears! I have it turned completely side ways and its way too tight! Anybody with a big head have any luck cutting out some of the bottom to get this thing on?

I cutted about 1 centimetre all around the bottom part and it looks perfect. Now it is much easier to get my ears and my "little" nose into it :lol:

You could probably cut even more depending on your needs.

I just squeeze and flex the helmet a little bit, and groan through the pain on my ears. Coming off is worse than putting it on. I wouldn't want to trim it cause I have a fairly long neck.

Tim, I also removed some ABS around the neck. I have a small head but it wouldn't fit as is.

I basically removed almost none on the ear side (left/right) and around a cm on the faceplate and cap (forward/back).

Anyway, if you look at Han's bucket in ANH, you'll see that the neck hole is way bigger than ours. It looks like it's been enlarged all the way up to half the height of the tube!!!