Height = 6'1"

Weight = 185 lbs

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas belt = Trooperbay

Hand Plates = Karin's (Sonnenschein) flexible ANH white rubber hand guards

Electronics= Aker + IComm

Neck Seal = Trooperbay

Holster = Unknown, used from Daetrin

This time it's not as much pictures as during my EIB application. I kind of went overboard with the 79 pictures haha (still 45 47 (I forgot 2 pics) pics this time, though). As far as I know all the suggested changes from the EIB application have been addressed. Helmet has been re-painted, ammo pack's rounded corners have been redone and rivet placed in different location, and so on :)

You may notice I have borrowed some pictures from my previous topic but that's only because nothing was changed on those parts (think about the blaster or S-trim on the helmet (in the case of the latter, you might still see a messy vocoder but this has been repainted as the other pics will show) to name a few).

Front, bucket off:

bucketoff1.jpg

Front:

front1nl.jpg

front2ys.jpg

front4.jpg

20121226195749.jpg

handguards1z.jpg

handguards2.jpg

45874422.jpg

91542770.jpg

20121227151723.jpg

Left side:

side1rb.jpg

side2c.jpg

side3y.jpg

side4f.jpg

side7.jpg

holstere.jpg

legsm.jpg

sniperknee.jpg

Rear:

back1sa.jpg

back2kx.jpg

back3n.jpg

back4a.jpg

detonator.jpg

Right side:

side5x.jpg

side6.jpg

ammopackleg.jpg

Bottom:

46246362.jpg

49720467.jpg

Inside:

90599564.jpg

72517742.jpg

20602717.jpg

68947301.jpg

Bucket:

helmet1d.jpg

helmet2i.jpg

helmet3d.jpg

84763278.jpg

36451784.jpg

20121226195915.jpg

Blaster:

78066650.jpg

22445990.jpg

91506564.jpg

68738693.jpg

25870545.jpg

22380389.jpg

Action:

action1r.jpg

action2x.jpg

action3p.jpg

action6.jpg

I hope these covered everything :)

Edited by svache

Looking good just a couple of things, no forearm return edge photo, TD clips should be closer to the ends 1/8 inch gap, you shouldn't paint the rivet on cod piece, cover strips could be rounded on corners and there is a big gap between biceps and forearms, try to reduce this a little. A few tweaks and you will be there :)

I figured the no-return edge on the forearms was pretty clear in several of the other pictures, but just in case I made a separate picture and added it. I'll wait responding to the other comments until later :)

It's true the TD clips do need to move but it isn't mentioned in the CRL. Mathias: Are you going to make him move them before approving?

I also don't know if this matters for approval.... but as we discussed off the forum the forearms do need to come up. With that said.... there isn't much that can be done given his ape-like arms and the short short AP forearms. Maybe splitting the difference will help a little but I doubt it will do much. As long as he carries his blaster I doubt the gap will be all that noticeable. I suggest overlooking this detail for approcal given dutchie's size.

Glen's right. Crotch split rivets shouldn't be painted. Check out this image from the lucasfilm archives:

gallery_12157_16_50082.jpg

And a screen shot Mathias took:

gallery_12157_11_1597.png

-Eric

Here's my views. I think the detonator clips needs to be moved outwards. Yes, I know it's not been formally added to the CRL yet, but trust me, you'll be glad you did.

It's quite obvious to see that AP is not a good choice of armour for someone of this size. I'm not saying it's badly put together, in fact, it's quite well made, and it's interesting to see the brackets being used on an AP. But it's plain to see that AP is simply too small for you, on all accounts.

I don't agree that the forearms need to come up, I think it's the biceps that need to come down. Quite a bit too.

I'm also not too keen on the wrinkles in the decals and the grey paint splatter on the frown mesh. I think you should adjust that. And I think you'd benefit from changing the webbing between the side rivets to elastic. Then there's the crotch rivet paint issue of course.

Overall these are small things to complain about, so don't take it too hard. :)

While I cannot and will not argue about the fact that they did not have the crotch painted in the movies, it was not mentioned in the CRL, nor was it mentioned in the recently voted amendments.. so technically... ;) Anyways, I did get some sandpaper and lightly sanded the rivet until clear:

20121228231314.jpg

We did anticipate the detonator clips earlier today so I tried to do something about that in the afternoon:

20121228150929l.jpg

I wont argue about the decals or the frown mesh either. I had some spare decals (well, not really spares, they're for someone else's armor so I just have to order new ones) so I removed mines and added the other ones. Thankfully this time around it went a lot better. I also removed my frown mesh and added a new frown mesh (btw, it was no paint splatter but some glue residue):

20121228233232.jpg

20121228233250.jpg

20121228233305.jpg

20121228233310.jpg

As for the forearm/bicep discussion. The only thing that can be done is bringing the forearms up. We did bring the biceps down.. most of the pictures (the ones I am holding my belt with the stone wall behind me) were taken first. Then we realized I was not standing with my arms on the side (meaning like the first with bucket on) and we decided to first bring the biceps down. We added a different strap on the inside and went to the max we could. In total there was about an inch added, the biceps are now hanging a few millimeters on the inside of the bells, if we were to move them any more down, you would see the black of my arm between the bicep and bell and I don't think this would be a good idea. As for the forearms, Eric is right, those should be brought up. However, I would need to see how to do this because, right now, I am getting small "armor bites" on the upper part of my forearm (towards my elbows so to say) because the forearms are simply too tight (they were made as big as possible, they're just tight to begin with.. I could, of course, add wider cover strips on the forearms but then I wouldn't be complying either because of the width restrictions of the cover strips). And when you bring the arms up (believe me, I tried to see how that would look), then I would show a lot of my wrist..

So all in all I would agree, AP is too small for someone of my size. That much is true. But really honestly, seeing how there's way over 1800 USD into this armor (this is not just the armor, of course, this includes all extra's I bought for it in order to get it to what it is now), I simply cannot justify it to my wife to buy another TK armor already (especially not since there is a TD on order as well lol). I think we (I had a lot of help from TK5707) did a great job on this armor, I'm really proud of it but I do think this is going to be as good as it gets. Fact is, my legs and arms are too long, and my waist and chest too wide.. there's nothing I can change about that, sadly enough. At this point I'm pretty sure that whatever I try with the armor size wise, if I correct it in one place, it will show in another.

Edited by svache

Great changes already. Yes, I know that you are not very likely to change your armour anytime soon, I just want to discourage others of your size from going with AP. It simply won't work very well. Better to go elsewhere. Plus, I think AP is way overpriced compared to what you get for the money. But that's just my opinion.

I also just noticed that your frown on the right side (when looking at the helmet) doesn't taper to a little triangle tip. You might want to add that, it'll improve the look quite a bit.

It's totally okey to have the biceps not go inside the bells. If you're tall like you are, that's the preferred way, and most likely intended way to wear them. It's how Han Solo wears his.

gallery_12157_31_64683.jpg

This being the most recent photo of his kit I'm not sure the biceps can really come down much more:

-Eric

Hard to tell from here since I can't see where the elbows are. But what I can see is that a tighter undersuit would reduce the material sticking out around the shoulders. A garrison mate of mine was disqualified from basic approval because of that, and his wasn't even this much. He got it eventually though after getting a tighter shirt.

I know all of the AP parts are smaller than the original ANH armour but you can make some improvements to arms. You can lower your biceps even further so the bell is above the top of the bicep and not overlapping it. Notice the gaps at the elbows on the original armour compared to yours?

gallery_12157_31_64683.jpg

front1nl.jpg

You can reduce your gap more than half it is now. You will have more wrist showing but that is normal and shouldn't be a concern. Lower your biceps, close the gap at the elbow and it will not only look better, but help relieve pinching too.

Well, I do have a tighter shirt, I just don't like wearing it. The one I like to wear is a 2XL, the tighter is an XL like my regular shirts. Imagine an apple with toothpicks for arms and legs and you'll have a bit my body (kind of exaggerated idea but you get the point why I don't like wearing the tighter shirt).

So anyways, I took the liberty this morning to have my wife take a couple of pictures with that tighter shirt. I am only wearing the upper part of the armor, so you might see some boardshorts in the bottom, I am not wearing a neckseal or helmet in these pictures. I figured this wouldn't matter as it is about the arms in this case..

Arms slightly bend to show where the elbows are:

20121229101014.jpg

Arm a bit from the body to show more in detail:

20121229101114.jpg

Arm up:

20121229101137.jpg

I hope these will work better...

Edited by svache

Thanks, Stefan. I still have hopes I could make it, regardless of my size.

btw, I just noticed in the first picture (of my last post) that the left bridge (for the viewer) was a bit loose on one side. Just in case that this would be the next issue (lol), I took the liberty to add some glue it and make another pic as proof that it's like it should be:

20121229125229.jpg

In regards to the frown as mentioned earlier by Mathias, I know it should be a triangle but I couldn't help but notice this on a recent centurion approval: http://i1190.photobu...61F308ED1.jpg :)

I did give it a go and added a small bit to the frown so it's more like a triangle:

20121229111131.jpg

Edited by svache

In regards to the frown as mentioned earlier by Mathias, I know it should be a triangle but I couldn't help but notice this on a recent centurion approval: http://i1190.photobu...61F308ED1.jpg :)

Wow mic tips where pretty bad on that photo too, one was nearly pointing sideways.

The triangle just makes the frown, may have to just trim out that last hole, looks like it is painted over now, maybe not mine only has 4 on each side trimmed out :)

Thanks, Stefan. I still have hopes I could make it, regardless of my size.

btw, I just noticed in the first picture (of my last post) that the left bridge (for the viewer) was a bit loose on one side. Just in case that this would be the next issue (lol), I took the liberty to add some glue it and make another pic as proof that it's like it should be:

You must have read my mind, was just going to make comment LOL.

Gap on your arms looks so much better, well done for putting in the extra work, all worth it in the end. Good luck with approval , I doubt it will be too long now :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13

may have to just trim out that last hole

The last hole is actually the 5th hole that my buddy accidentally trimmed out along with the rest, it's supposed to be closed. We filled it up but that does make it look a little bit odd.

The last hole is actually the 5th hole that my buddy accidentally trimmed out along with the rest, it's supposed to be closed. We filled it up but that does make it look a little bit odd.

Had to quickly look at my lid, thought I had left a hole out LOL

lol I doubt you would, Glen.. you're pretty precise in the stuff I've seen from you :)

Thanks Jeroen the trick is not to post the mistakes, there has been a few lol. Hopefully your not waiting too much longer for approval, you may end up being the first centurion for 2013 :)

There is nothing wrong with cutting out the 5th hole in my opinion if your helmet has a sharp enough pull to warrant it.

Many helmets don't have the pull definition and hence a 5th fake tooth is painted into the frown taper.

As you know, many of the original film helmets have not been seen up close, but if you look at this genuine and original 1976 picture of he helmets pulled by AA in the 70's, you will see and count that 5th was actually more common than 4 on the stunt helmets...

Food for thought eh?

da47602da0e0cca8d9841db06e71e481.jpg

I agree with Phil, but with that said like a lot of screen differences there has to be a base level for applications to be compared with especially when you get to centurion level. Just because there is something seen on screen does not make it right or acceptable ie: tubestripes. It will be up to the DO for the final decision