Star Wars Lego Stormtrooper clock

Dday

So, I read tha tI can set my stormtrooper lego clock to 12/24 hour time, but I can't for the life of me find out how to do it.

Does anyone have one of these clocks (Yoda, Darth, boba, any other Starwars clock is the same) and knows how I can swap to 24h time?

Thanks!

Of course I put my instructions in a safe place :angry: I have been playing with mine for the last 20 minutes, do you think I can change to 24hr clock, no sorry can't help :blink:

Let me know if you figure it out

Edited by gmrhodes13

I found his in a review but it doesn't work on mine, "The time and displayed alarm time can be changed from standard to military time simply by pressing the Time Set button. Each time it is pressed, you will hear a beep and it will switch to the opposite format." I think it may have been an option before production and for some reason it did not end up incorporated in the finished product

I tried pushing the buttons as well, even alternating, combos and all that but to no avail... I like 24 hour time a lot more, I was raised with 12hr, and then moved into 24, and for me, 24 is way smarter, no repeating numbers makes things easy. We will see what lego tells me from my question to their customer service dept.

My instructions have nothing on it regarding 24 hour time.

I think it was left off in production, tried for a while this afternoon, I give up lol

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Found this while trying to set it to 24 hours. Seems like it was excluded feature in the version I had. The funcion is still there, but they didn't connect the button.

You can still do it, but need to reach the circuit board, not to hard actually.

Pull (yes, pull hard) off the head.

Unscrew to two screws for his "collar" and four screws for his torso and open up

Short circuit (connect with a wire) the positive terminal (3V+) and the hole not used being labeled I5. You are now switching between 24h and am/pm. This seems to reset each time you replace batteries.

Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, nvx said:

Unscrew to two screws for his "collar" and four screws for his torso and open up

Short circuit (connect with a wire) the positive terminal (3V+) and the hole not used being labeled I5. You are now switching between 24h and am/pm. This seems to reset each time you replace batteries.

That was a perfectly working tweak - nice!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

1619434722561.jpg

Edited by jbr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, nvx said:

Found this while trying to set it to 24 hours. Seems like it was excluded feature in the version I had. The funcion is still there, but they didn't connect the button.

Would you mind doing a video showing how exactly to do this? I'm no electrician and have no idea what to do with what wire. 

On 8/3/2020 at 1:05 AM, nvx said:

Does this work for lego ninjago clocks too? I attempted to pull off the head but ended up pulling off the leg and the mask... :(. I really enjoyed military time, one day it randomly switched when I smashed the alarm one morning, I had to change the batteries though and no matter how hard I try or where I look I can't figure out how to change it back.

10 hours ago, Wolf_ said:

Does this work for lego ninjago clocks too? I attempted to pull off the head but ended up pulling off the leg and the mask... :(. I really enjoyed military time, one day it randomly switched when I smashed the alarm one morning, I had to change the batteries though and no matter how hard I try or where I look I can't figure out how to change it back.

These may be of help: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/624843/Digital-Blue-Alarm-Clock.html

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but I investigated a bit, if the function could be restored, which it could not by any easy means. Wiring up the connection to any of the existing buttons messed with other functions. So I just drilled a small hole in the battery compartment and ran a wire from there to the I5 point. Now I can switch between 12/24H whenever I change batteries, without having to open the cover again.

Edited by Fleskebacon
Everything was wrong.

• 6 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, nvx said:

Where did you find the info of the i5? Can you share the schematics?

My solution to the 24-hour problem
(sorry for translator errors)

LegoClock24H_1.thumb.jpg.58919182649ab2ef8bfbf06e1c4cac6c.jpg

Necessary:
Drill, 4mm drill bit
Soldering iron
Hot Glue Gun
Screwdriver
Knife
Tweezers
Microswitch
Thin wire

I desoldered my microswitch from a computer mouse. I forgot to measure it, but I think it had dimensions of 8x8mm and the button head itself had a diameter of 3mm. It should fit in the indicated place.

Next steps
1. Unscrew the battery cover, remove the batteries
2. Disassemble the head (you have to pull very hard), neck cover, front panel, screen panel, arms, legs, handle and button mechanism.
This video may help: https://youtu.be/o8DqA4FCs2Y
3. Unscrew the alarm button electronic board and remove the button.
4. Unscrew the screen backlight button (head) electronic board.

5. In the place indicated in the photo, drill a hole with a diameter large enough to fit the head of the microswitch button (in my case the hole diameter was 4 mm). To mark the drilling location, I painted the microswitch button with paint (you can use e.g. lipstick) and pressed it with tweezers in the selected place to make a mark.

LegoClock24H_4.thumb.jpg.14b91a11d724981c5c2d5b6ef5a764bd.jpg

6. Cut two pieces of wire, approximately 10 cm long.

LegoClock24H_2.thumb.jpg.8b3f3d8b491edf583c3426e00484d142.jpg

7. Solder one end of wire No. 1 to the microswitch, and the other end to point I5 (indicated in the photo) - insert the wire from the screen side, but solder it from the other side.

LegoClock24H_3.thumb.jpg.4139b99c82ab8761dcb9f187306bc5d0.jpg

8. Solder one end of wire no. 2 to the microswitch and the other end to the battery contactor pin (indicated in the photo), i.e. the power point (3V+). The red wire is already soldered there, just solder wire no. 2 to it

9. Arrange the wires appropriately, place the button in the hole and cover it with hot glue, but be careful not to block the excess glue in the place for the alarm off button. While gluing, it is a good idea to hold the microswitch, e.g. with a toothpick.
10. Install the handle and button mechanism, legs, arms, and screen panel.
11. Insert the alarm button and screw on the alarm button electronic board
12. Screw on the screen backlight button (head) electronic board.
13. Insert the batteries and CHECK IF THE NEW 24H BUTTON works properly!
14. Install the front panel, neck cover, head.
15. DONE!

Edited by oooo

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 1:42 PM, oooo said:

My solution to the 24-hour problem
(sorry for translator errors)

Necessary:
Drill, 4mm drill bit
Soldering iron
Hot Glue Gun
Screwdriver
Knife
Tweezers
Microswitch
Thin wire

I desoldered my microswitch from a computer mouse. I forgot to measure it, but I think it had dimensions of 8x8mm and the button head itself had a diameter of 3mm. It should fit in the indicated place.

Next steps
1. Unscrew the battery cover, remove the batteries
2. Disassemble the head (you have to pull very hard), neck cover, front panel, screen panel, arms, legs, handle and button mechanism.
This video may help: https://youtu.be/o8DqA4FCs2Y
3. Unscrew the alarm button electronic board and remove the button.
4. Unscrew the screen backlight button (head) electronic board.

5. In the place indicated in the photo, drill a hole with a diameter large enough to fit the head of the microswitch button (in my case the hole diameter was 4 mm). To mark the drilling location, I painted the microswitch button with paint (you can use e.g. lipstick) and pressed it with tweezers in the selected place to make a mark.

LegoClock24H_4.thumb.jpg.14b91a11d724981c5c2d5b6ef5a764bd.jpg

6. Cut two pieces of wire, approximately 10 cm long.

LegoClock24H_2.thumb.jpg.8b3f3d8b491edf583c3426e00484d142.jpg

7. Solder one end of wire No. 1 to the microswitch, and the other end to point I5 (indicated in the photo) - insert the wire from the screen side, but solder it from the other side.

LegoClock24H_3.thumb.jpg.4139b99c82ab8761dcb9f187306bc5d0.jpg

8. Solder one end of wire no. 2 to the microswitch and the other end to the battery contactor pin (indicated in the photo), i.e. the power point (3V+). The red wire is already soldered there, just solder wire no. 2 to it

9. Arrange the wires appropriately, place the button in the hole and cover it with hot glue, but be careful not to block the excess glue in the place for the alarm off button. While gluing, it is a good idea to hold the microswitch, e.g. with a toothpick.
10. Install the handle and button mechanism, legs, arms, and screen panel.
11. Insert the alarm button and screw on the alarm button electronic board
12. Screw on the screen backlight button (head) electronic board.
13. Insert the batteries and CHECK IF THE NEW 24H BUTTON works properly!
14. Install the front panel, neck cover, head.
15. DONE!

Nice solution. The engineer in me is impressed!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 12:11 PM, Wolf_ said:

Does this work for lego ninjago clocks too? I attempted to pull off the head but ended up pulling off the leg and the mask... :(.

Same here with the blue ninjago figure (5005117), my arms hurt. I am thinking about cutting off the back plate just below the neck piece.

None of this would have been necessary if Lego was not such a horrible excuse for a company. I cannot believe that they wanted 30EUR for this cheap crap back in 2016.

Until around 2015, i was a big fan, now i strictly follow the mantra "The only good lego is used lego".

Edited by libv